• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activating Custom Avatar

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2009 Apr 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at my profile, I clicked on "Change Avatar" and uploaded my own photo.  Now I can see it on the selection menu (after all the cartoon characters) but I can't select it.  Above it it says "Pending."  Pending what?  How can I make it active?  It is the same picture but smaller (lower resolution) than my main profile picture.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 10, 2009 Apr 10, 2009

pending review by a moderator. it usually takes from a couple hours to a day. it's a manual (human intervention) process... be patient.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Apr 23, 2009 Apr 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken Grace wrote:

It's a JPG, 200 x 280.

Ecuse me Ken I had missed that b4. Well perhaps you need to make it closer to the size asked for; 320 px wide. Mine was a little larger. I assume that your image has the '.jpg' extension as well  (just asking, please don't take offense) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And that blank email is a symptom of another irritation I'm discussing hereabouts.

What it should have said was:

Remade it to 320 wide. No go. Saved it as a BMP, no go. Yes, file extensions are in place.

k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try as a .png?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try another image a little larger than the required size and see it that works. Who knows maybe the image you've been trying with is corrupted somehow. <shrug>

Other than the above, I'm outta ideas Ken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried as a png. No go.

Every time, Firefox says it is Waiting for forums.adobe.com

So I tried a different picture. A national flag as a gif.

That went through straightaway and gave me an error page "The form has already been processed or no token was supplied, please try again".

If Adobe is telling me that the world is not yet ready for me to grace its web site (no pun intended), I am not at all offended. I just have a hang up about things that are supposed to work not working. Particularly when they bear the stamp of one of the world's larger software companies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for giggles why not try another browser. Is it possible that a custom plugin for firefox might be the culprit ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused. Are we talking about the Avatar or the Profile Pic? The profile pic is the one that gets resized to 320 pixels wide. The forum avatar has an upper size limit of 128x128 pixels. If trying to upload something larger than that you will probably get an error message. Accepted file types are GIF, JPG, and PNG, but I believe that all get converted to PNG by the forum software (so an animated GIF won't work).

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You missed the start of this John. It's the profile pic. It's (now) a 320 x 448 JPG. Was smaller but I resized it to the exact target size. I've tried it as a bmp and a png as well.

In Firefox the upload process hangs, waiting for forums.adobe.com.

I just tried Internet Explorer. After an age the process completed. But there's no pic there.

It's become a battle of wills rather than a pressing need to see my picture on line.

k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, actually this whole thread is about (or should be about) "Activating Custom Avatar".  Discussion abour profile pictures belongs in a different thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does discussion about women in wet tee-shirts.

It seemed to me that uploading a profile picture was not really dissimilar to uploading an avatar, and as this thread was already running, it would be appropriate to augment it.

k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case I used the excat same image to create the PNG Image for my Profile image and my avatar. They are just sized differently

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a couple of reports of Profile Images not uploading correctly. Haven't had a chance to test it yet, but will. If it still doesn't work I can look into turning off the profile images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've confirmed that it is not working (uploading a profile image). Sent it off to support.  Thanks!  John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 25, 2009 Apr 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

I've confirmed that it is not working (uploading a profile image).

Since it worked OK before, somebody must have choked it with something inappropriate!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming that it's not just my ineptitute. I just hope you don't find a couple of dozen pictures of me stuck in the pipe.

k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried uploading a profile pic again and found it was already there. So it looks as if one or all of my previous attempts had formed a queue and the log jam is now broken.

k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken Grace wrote:

I just tried uploading a profile pic again and found it was already there. So it looks as if one or all of my previous attempts had formed a queue and the log jam is now broken.

k

Great Pic!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worth the wait, wasn't it?

This was one of those situations: "Oh look, I can upload a pic. Might as well" that became "I'm going to upload this pic if it kills me" when the system failed to co-operate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken Grace wrote:

Worth the wait, wasn't it?

This was one of those situations: "Oh look, I can upload a pic. Might as well" that became "I'm going to upload this pic if it kills me" when the system failed to co-operate.

Yes look like a distinguished Sea Captain. Just need the captain's cap and, and corn-cobb pipe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and spinach?

As it happens I was drying off after having just climbed out of the Indian Ocean. Hence excessive-immersion-wrinkles have flawed my otherwise drum-tight boyish complexion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken Grace wrote:

...and spinach?

As it happens I was drying off after having just climbed out of the Indian Ocean. Hence excessive-immersion-wrinkles have flawed my otherwise drum-tight boyish complexion.

roflol.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ken Grace wrote:

ooh! good one! i'll have to use that! yes, yes... just immersion wrinkles!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

I've confirmed that it is not working (uploading a profile image). Sent it off to support.  Thanks!  John

About an hour ago or so (maybe a tad longer) but in any event after reading your post, John, I posted a new profile picture with no difficulty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

frankly ramon, i'm a'skeered of your profile picture!

it gives me the willies, the wobblies, the heebie jeebies and the ootie gooties!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines