• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Cancellation Mis-selling

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe currently have a disappointing and unfair practice of charging subscribers 80 dollars to leave their 'payment plan', no doubt as part of their duplicitous and punitive scheme for boosting their company at the shareholder level with no actual improvement in product or services, in fact complaints to the contrary.

Tech companies, medical and energy corps are among the most notable anti-taxation activists on the global scene, and if you live outside of the US, Adobe "virtual rental" fees are considerably higher. Furthermore, the service standard of "fining" people for leaving their Adobe subscription is far from clearly explained for people moving to cloud tech.

Lastly, US voters have practically zero voice at the policy-making level; whether you love, hate, or are indifferent to a given option in the public sphere, the truth is that US public do not effect democratic decision making above or below the level of 30%, ie: your opinions are worthless. Can Adobe corp give people a fair shot or are they just another by-product of a failing economy and system?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The FAQ states the following:

For pre-paid annual memberships, if you cancel within the first 30 days, you’ll receive a full refund. If you cancel after the first 30 days, you will get a refund of 50% of the remaining months. You will need to contact Customer Support to cancel.

For month to month memberships, you can cancel at any time, and your membership will end at the next month's billing cycle.

So what is that you are complaining about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi - thanks for your pointless statement. Perhaps you can sell me your property at fifty percent discount, and I'll consider it a fifty percent credit for after you make your money back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

casperw83130612 wrote:

hi - thanks for your pointless statement. Perhaps you can sell me your property at fifty percent discount, and I'll consider it a fifty percent credit for after you make your money back.

Sure I will.  I have some properties in war torn Syria which you might like to buy at not 50% but 60% discount.

If you explain what the problem is then Adobe Customer Services can help you.  You seem to complain about the FAQ but that is what it is.  You either take it or leave it.  It is quite simple, don't you think so?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Casper,

It's true that Creative Cloud subscription fees vary by the following:

1. The Plan you select,
  2. Your Region,
  3. The VAT tax rates in your region.

If you join a Plan that requires a yearly commitment and decide later to cancel your subscription before the year is up, you will pay a penalty for early cancellation. 

However, if you join a month-to-month plan which costs a little more each month, you have the freedom to cancel at anytime without penalty. 

It's your choice.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sorry but the real issue here is customer dissatisfaction - there are numerous discussion boards online were customers criticize the hidden cost/penalty of 'leaving' a virtual subscription service.

Its simply a ruse to inflate market share while offering no significant innovations. Most people are unimpressed and I don't really appreciate your explanation. Its a case of a vast corporation eating into someones nominal profits via a hidden cost, and its having negative PR effect on Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

casperw83130612 wrote:

Hi

Sorry but the real issue here is customer dissatisfaction ...

...and I don't really appreciate your explanation.

I'm sorry you don't like my explanation.

• It's not my policy.
  • I have no voice in what Adobe's decision makers do.
  • I don't work for Adobe.
  • I'm a freelance web developer and a product user just like you.

If you have a beef with Adobe, this isn't the venue for it.

Take it up with Adobe directly.

Their corporate headquarters is in San Jose, California.

Do a Google search  for "Contact Adobe."

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm not the only person who objects to Adobe's hidden cost practices. They are well aware of this fact, I'm just echoing a long line of similar sentiment. It seems that customer satisfaction is not a priority for 'cloud subscription' sales models.

Bare in mind that Adobe system are worth nearly eleven billion dollars, and a recent reddit survey ranked them fifth most hated internet company on the web. There's a reason - its simply because of the pricing the public perception that they shifted a sales model for profits instead of innovation or progress.

Also, this quote from Wikipedia may also give you a moment to consider:

"Adobe has been criticized for its pricing practices, with retail prices being as much as twice as high in non-US countries as in the US. As pointed out by many, it is significantly cheaper to pay for a return airfare ticket to the United States and purchase one particular collection of Adobe's software there than to buy it locally in Australia"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't seem to understand that you are not addressing Adobe here; mostly fellow users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am more interested in discouraging users from their subscription service than directly contacting Adobe Corp. Their customer service reps are generally of good quality, but also I had to wait for one hour and twenty five minutes on call waiting to place a brief direct call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And do you seriously think that anyone wanting to subscribe to Acrobat will come to the Reader forum to read this thread first???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines