Adobe.com performance issues

Aug 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks.

I've seen some scattered reports of slowdowns on Adobe.com sites. I'd like to create this discussion to report these here so I can forward them on to the web team.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe.com performance issues

Aug 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks.

I've seen some scattered reports of slowdowns on Adobe.com sites. I'd like to create this discussion to report these here so I can forward them on to the web team.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 04, 2006 0
Enthusiast ,
Aug 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is OT but here are some I have attempted to report. All are painfully slow from my vantage point about 40 miles west of Chicago.

http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/index.html

The next one REALLY gets bogged down:
http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom/

And the transition from the previous one to this one sometimes just flat times out:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/categories.cfm?forumid=72&catid=589&entercat=y

I am using a 1.8 GHz G5 desktop with 1.5 GB of RAM. The network is Comcast which is blazing fast. My browser is Safari.

Bob Peters

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2006 0
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, I find that Safari is also slow. It seems to be a problem with how the page is rendered while the stylesheets are being downloaded (so the page looks crap, jumps around, then looks OK). IIRC, it was reported here earlier.

IE/Win, OTOH, appears to load everything before rendering the page, so you're left with a disconcerting white page, then everything appears at once.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2006 0
Aug 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually moved Bob's message here from another discussion. Sorry about the confusion.

John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2006 0
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On dialup during the last 45 minutes, there have been random hiccups here, where nothing happens for a couple of seconds at a time, then all works well, then delay again. I can switch to another site and load a page, so it's not just my connection.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2006 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had slow downs on nntp. Sometimes there seems to be no response
when asking for the next message. Sometimes it appears, but very slowly.

Mike

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2006 0