• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Edition - Federal Desktop Core Configuration (FDCC)

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2010 Jul 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to download Adobe Digital Edition free software onto my PC.  I am a government employee and I am not authorized to download anything without permission from my IT section.  They infomed me that I need to obtain verification from the software manufacturer that the product meets the specific criteria established by the Federal Desktop Core Configuration (FDCC).  I attempted to contact customer service at Adobe and was told that since the software is free they will not provide any formal documentation.  I have the form which I will attach a jpg picture of below.  I would like to see if there is someone that can verify the software meet the government criteria.  Once I have the information requested on the document I can get my IT section to authorize me access to download the product.  If anyone can assit me, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you

Level_III_Product_Security_Evaluation_FDCC_Certification_Statement.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of these forums have the SPACE provided by Adobe... for User to User interaction and help

As far as I know, Adobe employees do not provide support here

Also, this space is where people talk about the operation of the forums, not specific products

I think you are going to have to keep trying to find someone AT Adobe (marketing...? sales...?) to sign your form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. I've spent several hours on the phone with a variety of Adobe personnel and they ultimately directed me to use the forum since they do not have direct email access for customer support. It appears that I won't get anyone to assist with this issue. Thanks

John S. Sporrer

Public Health Analyst

NPPTL, OD

Tel: 412-386-6435

Fax: 412-386-4951

E-mail: eyi0@cdc.gov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this email address for feedback

adbecare@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you really want all the personal information included in

your last message to appear in a public forum such as this?

If you don't, I would suggest posting a message in this same forum asking for the in

fo to be removed.

Extra line feeds kindly provided by the non updated software of the site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote on 7/17/2010 1:13 AM:

Do you really want all the personal information included in

your last message to appear in a public forum such as this?

Can we please get a grip on this privacy paranoia? What is published is

not private information but a business address. His phone, fax and email

are available on the website of his employer as well. And if it were

private information the proper way to report it would the abuse system

that has a "Private Information" category.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2010 Jul 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please excuse me, but this would not be the first case I have seen of someone posting private information by mistake. And I would think it is the poster's privilege to decide if s/he wants to correct her/his mistake or not, and not for any mod to decide for her/him.

Of course I know that you would most probably find a lot of private information about me by looking at some of the over 1,300,000 hits I have just got by asking Google for "claudio gonzález", but that's beyond my point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don;t waste your time anymore because Adobe is not in a business to give you such information.  Have you tried using your own PC or Laptop to download whatever you want?  That is what most people do if they are really desperate to show two fingers to their IT support guys.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines