• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe forums are slow/unreliable

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to navigate through Adobe forums is painful.  It is very slow and half the time the pages won't load the first time.  I'm sure we have a reliable and fast internet connection at work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are reports that the forums are slow  today, but for the most part the forums don't appear to be intolerably slow. Some days they are downright perky. I find accessing these forums via the web to be painful, but using a newsreader seems to be acceptable. You might give a newsreader a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 17, 2009 Apr 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MikeKazlow wrote:

I find accessing these forums via the web to be painful, but using a newsreader seems to be acceptable. You might give a newsreader a try.

Have you used a newsreader lately? I thought the NTTP access was ended with the changeover to the new forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 19, 2009 Apr 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought so too - if you're right, Mike, you'll make a lot of people very happy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2009 Apr 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find accessing these forums via the web to be painful, but using a newsreader seems to be acceptable. You might give a newsreader a try.

Please tell me how.

I'd love to use a newsreader but Adobe in their wisdom dropped newsreader access when these turgid Jive forums were forced upon us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 20, 2009 Apr 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW, I find the forums are VERY slow (30 second page loads) from my work PC and reasonably fast (1-5 second page loads..... slower than other sites) from my home PC.  Work PC is a P4 2.6GHz.  Home PC is C2Duo 1.6GHz.  Internet connections are comparable (3Mb/s +).

I have also noticed that on the P4 at least, if I move the mouse within the forum page from one section to another or into/out of the browser window, CPU load spikes to 100%.  With the add new thread page open, CPU load idles at 49% unless I give another browser window the focus.  It then falls to 1-2%.

Definitely unacceptable for a page full of text.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines