• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe has HORRIBLE customer service!

Participant ,
Jan 25, 2012 Jan 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So since November I've had nothing but problem with Adobe. First I thought it was mandatory to buy the CS5.5 upgrade to be elligible to upgrade to CS6. The employee I talk to said it was mandatory, so unless I wanted  to pay full price for the Suite, I had to purchase CS5.5 Year end money was used and approved which if anyone who works for a company knows, is not the easiest thing to do. Prob two hours of paperwork, dicussion etc. I was suppsed to get the Volume license version, but they sent the wrong version (not my fault) then I had to jump through all kinds of hoops and talk for prob 4 hours trying to get the software to work, but ultimitely had to get an exchange for the correct version. Total of 5 hours on that problem. I get the new version and the zoom is all screwed up in photoshop. It doesn't act like it shuld jumping all over the place. not being able to use the scroll wheel to zoom, etc. I know i spent a full day trying to fix it talking to support, on forum, etc, etc. So add another 8 hours. (NO CASE OPENED ON THIER END) THEN i find out I didn't have to buy the software to be elligible for the CS6 upgrade!!!! WHAT? Adobe tries to pass this off as doing it's users a "Favor" but to me all it did was cause me work I never needed to do and now I have a product, I never wanted, that doesn't work. NICE!

I contact Adobe and say I want to use the Money spent on cs5 toward cs6. No, but they would give me a copy of Lightroom and I could keep my defective software. What kind of solution that is, is beyond me. If I wanted Lightroom i would've bought it!  Just give me a credit towards CS! NO, they can't do that. Hours on the phone trying to get this resolved. (so 3 more hours) They finally say i can get a refund, but wait. Nobody understands issues on my end. With year end money, and credit cards being replaced, etc. It is not as easy as it should be. So they do tell me they will refund and I have to fill out the letter of destruction, which i did and sent. Then my case is closed. WTheck? so i reopen, and it is closed. I spend another long chat session trying to get it igured out, complaining to everyone that will listen on forums, twitter etc. Each time I basically start over with adobe asking me the SAME QUESTIONS over and over again. Even after i input them with the keybord seconds before. Each time I'm offered lightroom as consolation, each time i have to put up with people on Inda thanking me for everyresponse.

So now after a good 16-20 hours, I STILL DO NOT HAVE A REFUND! Now they clsed the case again, I reopen, they re-close. I know at this point they are just being ignorant. Nobody will return my call when i fill out the "Call me" feature that apparently is broken. Waits when i call range in the 45 minute range, only way i can comminicate is throught the stupid chat where i have to enter all the info again and again, then get offere lightroom for the 5th time. It rediculous.

ADOBE GIVE ME MY REFUND! '

I wil never NEVER NEVER buy directly from adobe again. They lied to people, to get them to buy an outdated software package riddled with bugs, then have this fake plan inline to offer another program up for consulation for people who are mad and want their money back.  They refuse to call me. Keep making me jump through hoops to get a refund and now they say I need someone else in my company to call them (which would go throught the same exact thing i've been going through for weeks!) he has no information on the order. His adobe account is empty, yet they want him to contact them?

On a side note, i had a problem with my macbook battery yesterday. filled out the "call me"  feature on apple's site. Withing two minutes I got a call back and spoke with an actual person who seemed like he cared. He went out of his way to make sure I got to the appropriate apple store location, called them to make sure they had a battery in stock, before i got there, so i wouldn't have to leave my computer there. Was very professional and caring about my situation and then sent me two follow up emails with all the information and it took less than 15 minute!  I LOVE APPLE'S CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! why adobe can't at the least be 1% as helpful i will never know, but I'm so P.O.d at adobe, i complained on the BBB, and multiplle forums. This kind of thing needs addressed and their shady practices need investigated. Them trying to pass off Lightroom, to mad people, who fell for their scam on photoshop is laughable.

Still waiting for my pone call adobe!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure they get index on Google, Yahoo, Bing and others. But do the people at the top actually read the stuff.  I doubt it. The only people that are going to get changes made are at top of RD or Adobe Corporate.

I've complained for years about the PDF viewer plug for Mac (ever since OSX began) doesn't work I've filed bug reports with each new version. I recently did with Acrobat XI. even send a link to a video about what happens. They work with Safari and Chrome both of which I detest but they use their on viewer Plug. It does not work with Mozilla (Gecko Based) Products: FireFox ThunderBird and SeaMonkey. let's see I think 10 years is long enough for some one to investigate fix the problem. I want to be able to fill out forms using the browser of my choice. Yet I thwarted in my ability to do so.  One reason is Adobe don't give a rat's behind about their Mac Users that are having these problems.  I even posted in a Forum dealing with plugins and so far I've received crickets chirping. I honesly believe the forum is just there to dump questions no one wants to answer.

So I doubt seriously Adobe listens to anything.

Pardon my attitude. But when you get a certain Platform get the one finger salute year after, year after year you get disheartend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paul campagna wrote:

You guys fail to see the bigger picture when posting to these forums and social media. They are not going to do anything unless they fear the exposure and negative press.

What sort of support are you looking for?  I thought all applications were intuitive these days and if you need to learn the product then you need to buy a book for it because these days you don't get "Quick Start" manual with any applications.

Perhaps, you need to search for private forums specializing in how to use a product. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 77Balloons,

The forums are meant to be a place where users discuss Adobe products. There are no forums designated for customer service discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2013 Jun 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought you might like to see the very first conversation with some "expert" upon my initial trial membership.  Hate to see how I will be offended by others if ever becoming a full member/software owner or how others new to Adobe would automatically be offended and refrain from becoming future customers.   

[bad links with private information removed by host. You cannot post links to files on your computer to the internet in this fashion. Please repost the content you wish us to see directly (copy and paste should work) or post the files to a website and post the links here. I apologize for any treatment you think is inappropriate. We aim to be helpful, not hurtful.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Educdoc, please repost your exchange because both of your links don't work. You cannot link to a file on your hard drive, or directly from your mail program...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Educdoc seems to be referencing this discussion: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5391083#5391083

(In relation to the title of this very thread, most of the forum members here are not part of customer service.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PECourtejoie wrote:

(In relation to the title of this very thread, most of the forum members here are not part of customer service.)

Pierre, to the best of my knowledge, none is. Although there might be one or two in disguise...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if I mentioned this already, or if this was the thread, BUT after I finally got someone in AMERICA that worked for adobe in the upper level. My concerns were fixed. I got wonderful customer service -once I got out of India, or the other non-english speaking country they have their Cust. Serv. through-  I have a feeling that all of the the places I posted my issues,  had something to do with finally getting help from a person who could help, but who knows for sure.

I would post your concerns on this site specifically for search optimization when people with the same problems search for help. - That might not help people on here who constantly say Adobe doesn't "listen" to the forums, or whatever, but it will be found in searches and might help someone.

This isn't a reply to a specific person, but a general reply to the previous messages. - It never hurts to express your problems on the web, because they get indexed and possible help someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paul campagna wrote:

I am not sure if I mentioned this already, or if this was the thread, BUT after I finally got someone in AMERICA that worked for adobe in the upper level. My concerns were fixed.

It could be because you threatened them to sue them for compensation.  You are a very clever boy here.  How long did it take? one month, 6 months or a year?  You have been here since December 2010 so its a very long time.

Anyway, it's good to hear that Adobe can sort out their own mess eventually if you persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No threats to sue, I just eventually talked to someone who either looked at the responses I had with their Cust. Serv., or my Better Business Bureau complaints, or one of my many other complaints spread out over every form of social media. (twitter, facebook, google+, etc, etc) (?) not sure what exactly did it, but I got what I deserved, because I didn't give up.

BTW took about 4 months from the start of my issue untill I got a resolution, so persistence won this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha - That would only work if only people actually searched for that, but wishful thinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Paul, I feel your pain and totally agree with your statements. I must have talked to 13 different people with my issue and finally contacted their Public Relations person in the corporate headquarters to get the correct contact information for my local TV station. My issue began like yours.  I was going to skip an upgrade until Adobe said I coudn't upgrade to PS6 unless I had PS5. So, I bought PS5. Then, they reversed themselves and started allowing upgrades from my version and I believe all the way back to CS3.(I might be wrong on that). So, because I spent the money to upgrade when I didn't have to, I wanted to get CS6 without having to buy another upgrade - it's only right. Not one person in India could understand the issue or they were instructed to act dumb. How difficult would it have been to give customers in this situation, what they rightly deserved without sending them to Hell and back? Each person I talked to, I had to explain it over and over and over again and got told the same automated answer - this is a recording.

Anyway, Adobe doesn't care or they would fix the customer service in India issue. Train them to be helpful!! I don't know who's in charge of that group but they should be fired.

Not to mention now Adobe's horrible decision to make us all subscribe to the cloud. I hate Adobe customer service and their continuing disposition to put customers last. I hope some day it will come back and bight them in their

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joanns414 wrote:

Anyway, Adobe doesn't care or they would fix the customer service in India issue. Train them to be helpful!! I don't know who's in charge of that group but they should be fired.

The person in charge is Shantanu Narayen, a graduate (MBA) of University of California Berkeley.  I bet you don't have this despite being an American.

Anyway, Adobe is an Indian company employing Indian workers in the same way as an American Corporation employs American workers.  So who do you think should "fix" an Indian company?  Are you seriously telling us that an American should fix an Indian company?  You must be out of your mind baby!!

All you can do is to stop buying Indian products if you don't like them or simply educate yourself to understand other races and how they operate in their own countries.  They don't like to be told off constantly how they should operate in their own country, in the same way Americans don't like to be told off how they should behave when they visit other countries!!.

The man in charge is this guy:

adobeceo.jpeg

His bio is here:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shantanu_Narayen>

IMHO, you should be grateful that an Indian company is producing such fine products that Americans are going out to buy them in droves.  Without this company, one wonders what you guys would be doing!

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You completely took my comments the wrong way. Read again what I wrote. I love Indian people. I hate that the customer service people in India are not allowed to think for themselves. They work from scripts they cannot deviate from. They are not allowed to be helpful. Otherwise, why could I get no help after telling my story 13 times.   Let me point out, my complaint would have been exactly the same if the service people were in Denver or Paris and I received the same lack of help.

Do you understand?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I DO NOT CARE IF ADOBE IS INDIAN OR AMERICAN.

I am not Indian and I am not American.

This is about having a GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR A PRODUCT THAT ADOBE SELLS.

Are you saying that HAVING under qualified representatives is the way that a business is ran in India?

You might be kidding us.

By the way... In the bio of Adobe's CEO is clear that he got his degrees in UNITED STATES.

I got mine in HAVANA, in CUBA, in MY COUNTRY.

I did not go to another country to become an educated person and then go back to my country to run a business that steal from people living in the country that gave me an EDUCATION.

How do you dare to offend an Adobe's customer based in such an stupid comment, like... "this is the way that we run businesses in India".

And I am reporting your comment as RACIAL and ABUSIVE.

We are workers and students. We are not the piggy bank of a company that is getting richer and richer, by releasing every year a new version of an EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE software, and forgetting to give a bit of attention to the people who bought the software because they NEED IT for their WORK, not for having fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 15, 2013 Jun 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't care where the people originate from. If you can't understand the person. there is no help. Hire indian, Korea, chinese, Japanese whatever. But if you expect to help people they should speak the language to the person asking in the manner in which that person can understand. in other word they should be required to take a years worth of diction classes before putting them in Support.  I am gifted  in that I can understand people speaking english even if they have a heavey German, Austrian, or Polish accent. But the way Idians pronounce english is not understandable in any form or fashion.

I would say this for whatever language the person uses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2013 Jun 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And again... I need to make a correction, professional.pirate

Indians gave us what?????

Almost all the tutorials and presentations of Adobe are made by American professionals. I am pretty sure that the spell checker was not created by Indians. This is becoming a racial and discriminatory discussion.

Let's go back to the original complaint:

If the software is in English, the marketing is in English, the tutorials are in English, and the professionals explaining why to buy and use this software are American in a high percent, then WHY IN THIS WORLD the customer service has to be given by a person other than an English native speaker?

My first language is Spanish, then imagine the nightmare when I try to understand what the representative is saying. They speak a very imperfect English with a strong Britain accent.

When I call the next time to Adobe support I will record the conversation and I will post it on Youtube as a comedy piece. I will be hilarious.

But the main problem is not the language. It is the knowledge and the capacity to solve problems. It is like -200 in a scale from 0 to 10.

professional.pirate wrote:

Phillip Jones wrote:

But the way Idians pronounce english is not understandable in any form or fashion.

Well in that case they don't have to serve one more ex-adobe customer.  You can always come here and jobless MVPs will only be glad to help you or members pf Professional Pirates will come to your rescue.  By the way, if you speak like you write then they won't understand you either.  The Indians have given you a spell checker but you are not using it so how can they help you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Professional Pirate:

If I speak as I write????  What part of what I wrote you were not able to understand? Now try this one:

La incapacidad para resolver un problema hace al hombre tomar uno de dos caminos: tratar de encontrar una solución o esconder la cabeza en la arena como el avestruz y culpar a otros de su miserable fallo. Tú eres claramente un ejemplo de lo segundo.

Enjoy yout translation tool, because Spanish, meaning high level Spanish, that is what I use to write, is a cryptic problem for the translation tools, and even for the skilled translators.

If you want it in Italian or Portuguese, just let me know.

LOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HS03KFU01 wrote:

Anyway, Adobe is an Indian company ...

Really? They why are they Incoroprated in the United States, with their headquarters in San Jose California? See the information circled in red below.

In any case, annoying your customers is a bad business decision in any country, my friend. This isn't about nationality, it is about poor customer service.

Adbe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because a Company is incorporated in California doesn't make it a US Company.  There are a lot of US companies that have Incorporations in other countries as well. 

BTW: I can speak better than I can spell; Grammar and spelling was not my forte when I went to school. A Combination of required medications for Childhood epilepsy and Teachers teach as if speaking to a fence post. I was lucky to get C+ or B- on rare occasions.

(My skills were with Electronics, Woodworking, and Algebra/Trig.  Was no good at geometry Teacher in 9th, 10th and 11th grade Geometry Class were taught by a Teach that were teaching to students as if they were working on Doctorial degrees. For us hig schooler's whether we were dumb as rocks or near Einstein level the marterail was so far over our heads that no one got better than  C- and most got D's and F's.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow i didn't know Adobe was an indian company, always thought it was founded by Americans like Google and Microsoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TheJae wrote:

Wow i didn't know Adobe was an indian company, always thought it was founded by Americans like Google and Microsoft.

It might have been founded by Americans but Indians and Chinese are buying all sorts of corporations all over the world.  They seem to have the financial muscle and expertise of exploiting and getting the best out of educated Americans and Europeans.  There are some corporations foreigners can't buy notably those that are charged with National Security matters.

The head of Adobe is Indian and some board members are also Indians.  However, because of the American laws, they are required to have American qualified/educated citizens to be in charge of Accounting, Tax and other statutory matters so that should something go wrong then they can be held accountable.  Foreign born Americans can abscond the country and difficult to extradite but American citizens have no where to hide.

However, this is beside the point.  For all practical purposes, Adobe is a global enterprise and should be held to account under international customs and practices which they are doing most of the time.  Somebody started attacking them simply because he/she couldn't understand them.

I hope this is laid to rest for now and we should concentrate on CC products newly released yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PECourtejoie wrote:

This may be the case but Adobe's business model includes running these forums for almost nothing by giving people like you a title called MVP and in doing so they have managed to get intelligent and experienced people like you and your colleagues to provide a free service 24/7.  The term "you" here is plural so includes all MVPs, not singling anyone out. 

Thank you for all the help you have given us and please keep it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

77Balloons wrote:

Is there a better or more appropriate forum for posting issues about Adobe customer service?

You must be joking.  Adobe knows that if they provided an appropriate posting place for such issues, they will be inundated with complaints left, right, and central.  It is not in their interest to provide such things here.  I believe somebody tried to start a new forum privately but it was shut down by Adobe lawyers.  Can't remember the guy's name but who cares about complaining when you can opt for alternatives.  I believe in mixing and matching the applications to get optimum values out of them.  Last time I ever bought an Adobe product was when CS4 Dreamweaver was released.  I haven't bothered to upgrade it because Microsoft Expression Web 4 is in my opinion the best product around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines