• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe ID for community login no longer working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created a new account here, as I can no longer log into the support community forum here using
my main account (Email Address Removed by Moderator). Whenever I click on the "Logon" button in the upper right and enter my credentials, I get forwarded to the main community page without being logged in.
I tried from 7 different computers and devices, clearing cache and cookies, all the same.
But when creating a new account, it works, so I guess it must be related to my account, not a browser or technical issue from my end. Can anyone from Adobe please check what is wrong with my account "Again Removed by Moderator" so I can access my private messages and post again on the forums?
Thanks,
Tobias

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Hi Eric!

No, this was not really resolved and seems to be a bug that happened during an update/upgrade of the Adobe backend. I now have the email of my old account back, but all my posts and rankings and badges are gone :(. And Adobe can't reinstate/recover my account due to data protection regulation, pfff.

What you can try to do (as I suspect this was part of the issue for me): go to your profile settings on the main Adobe page (https://account.adobe.com/profile -> edit profile), then change you

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I guess depending on what part of the world you are in, there is NO Log On (Logon) button.

It Is Sign In.

2020-11-24 09_55_28-Win 8.1 [Running] - Oracle VM VirtualBox.png

And when yoiu click the Sign In button you get this dialog box.

2020-11-24 09_56_47-Win 8.1 [Running] - Oracle VM VirtualBox.png

Are these what you are seeing? 

Whethere or not I suggest you use the email address you posted (Which I am removing from your post) and the password for that emaill address to Log In to the Main Adobe website (adobe.com) and check you account.

I suspect you have Miss typed one part or the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, sorry, I meant "Sign in" not "Logon". The Adobe website does translate everything to German automatically, so I did not know what the English equivalent was.

The first time after clearing cookies, I can see the login screen you posted above, and can enter my email address and my password, but after that it throws me back to the community main page without being logged in. Trying to click "sign in" again then just reloads the page without actually showing the login form again (until I clear my cookies), so I guess I am sort of logged in already, but it is not reflected on the site. I disabled adblockers and reset cookies and all stuff, but as I said, with this temporary account I newly created, it works.

The account data is definitely correct, since I can also log in into my Adobe Creative Cloud account and into the Adobe developer backend and the pre-release sites with it. Resetting the password also works, as well as 2-factor-authentication, etc., it is just not possible for me to access the community pages with my account any longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are successful signing in to the Main Adobe website and it is for your Original Account you should be able to enter this forum system from there.

If when you check your account and it says Free then you have used the wrong email address.

Do you have the Real, Proper, email address and password recorded somewhere that you can check what you're trying to use against that recorded one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With my main account I can successfully log in on the main Adobe website, but as soon as I click on "Support - Community Forums" from there, I come to the community page without being logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Toby Fleischer please send me a private message and let me know the email address linked to your old account. I'll see if I can see anything wrong with it from the backend.
Please don't post it here for privacy reasons 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PM sent, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any news/progress on this, @Sil.C ?

In case you haven't guessed, it is Tobias again, this time with yet another account, as my newly created one stopped working here after you tried to fix something in the backend. Both my previous accounts still work fine across all other Adobe websites and products, except for the community here.
I received an email notification that you sent me a PM on my second account, and I also have received various PMs and notification on my first (main) account, but I can't access them, which is a pity.
So, can you tell me how to proceed from here? Should I just wait a bit longer until someone is able to look into it? I still have various messages in my community inbox from people asking about Adobe products, waiting for answers.
Thanks,
Tobias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to send you a PM 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same exact problem - when I Sign In on community.adobe.com, the sign-in process goes smoothly (2FA and all) and the process does successfully sign me in to my account on adobe.com... but not here. After "signing in", the Sign In button still appears in the upper-right, and if I try to make a post I get redirected the login form then immediately (with no user input/action) redirected back to the top-level community.adobe.com page. This happens on multiple browsers.

I contacted Support, who had me check/try a bunch of stuff (ensuring my email address was consistent everywhere, verifying that I was able to log in and use the apps, clearing things from my Keychain and rebooting, etc) then escalated the problem. Whatever tier I got escalated to just emailed me saying I needed to make a new account and ask here.

Toby, did you ever get this resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric!

No, this was not really resolved and seems to be a bug that happened during an update/upgrade of the Adobe backend. I now have the email of my old account back, but all my posts and rankings and badges are gone :(. And Adobe can't reinstate/recover my account due to data protection regulation, pfff.

What you can try to do (as I suspect this was part of the issue for me): go to your profile settings on the main Adobe page (https://account.adobe.com/profile -> edit profile), then change your "Adobe screen name" to the same name you have in the "Name" field directly above, while making sure there are no special characters in it, just characters and letters. Maybe that already resolves your issue.

Cheers,

Toby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AHA! That seems to have done it - my screen name had somehow gotten a / in it where a space used to be (I sanity-checked on a screenshot of something I posted in July to make sure I wasn't misremembering). And the Name field above it had nothing in it. Changing them both to the same thing seems to have fixed the issue.

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad that solved the issue for you! I just wish I had found about this earlier. 

Cheers,

Toby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines