• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe ID profile for non-US residents

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I try and update information in my Adobe profile, I find that "County" and "Postcode" are required fields. "County" is a drop-down list of US states, with no non-US option. "Postcode" requires a zip-code format entry.

I am in the UK.

If I go to the UK version of the site, I am still logged in, but there doesn't seem to be any way to edit my profile without going back to the US site. How can I get the profile to accept suitable input?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

That is not supported: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/167/tn_16721.html#main_update_account

Register a new account.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not supported: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/167/tn_16721.html#main_update_account

Register a new account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I've done that now.  I'll see if Adobe will let me delete this account so I can associate this email address with the new account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rhiannon Miller wrote:

Thanks, I've done that now.  I'll see if Adobe will let me delete this account so I can associate this email address with the new account.

From previous answers from adobe-admin, I would say that unfortunately this does not seem to be possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know. Sucks a bit though, because I created this account when I registered some software and wasn't given the option to choose my country at that point.

The country should be an explicit option when creating the account, not just relying on which country's website you came in through.

It should be possible to change the country after account creation (I see no reason why not).

It should absolutely be possible to delete an account (and preferably without having to contact a sysadmin either).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems I misunderstood you. What I think is not possible is merging both accounts. Deleting one of them also seems to be not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The FAQ used to say you had to call the helpdesk to change the country. You could call and try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines