Adobe ID?

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This regards the migration to the new forums. Adobe seems to think I have an Adobe ID and the it is probably my email address. As far as I know, I DON'T have and Adobe ID. I am able to log in to the forums, however. Is there a way for me to establish or create an Adobe ID?

Bill Denholm

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe ID?

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This regards the migration to the new forums. Adobe seems to think I have an Adobe ID and the it is probably my email address. As far as I know, I DON'T have and Adobe ID. I am able to log in to the forums, however. Is there a way for me to establish or create an Adobe ID?

Bill Denholm

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 18, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Mar 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't got one, you'll have to create one to use the new forums. When you try to go there you will find a link or screen to 'log in register' or to create an Adobe ID. If you want to receive email notifications from the new forums, I believe your ID will need to be your email address. You can create a different screen name.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2009 0
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath wrote
"If you want to receive email notifications from the new forums, I believe your ID will need to be your email address."

I have not seen this written down before. I see the "believe" but do you have anything more than that? The ID and e-mail address fields are separate in the ID creation form so I would tend to believe that e-mail notification should continue in the new forum setup without users having to do anything.

Bill,
When you use your current forum login the screen after you click the login button offers a link "Continue". Use that link and fill in the form to create your ID for the new forum. The only benefit I can see is that all your posts on the old forum will have your ID on them instead of the generic Guest ID. For more information check out the links in blue within the green print just above your own post on this topic.
Cheers
Ian

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Mar 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://adobeforums.adobe.com/thread/336912?tstart=0

for a discussion

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2009 0
Mar 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ian, these forums are going away in a few weeks. Any subscriptions you have will be lost. It doesn't matter if you migrate/associate your account or not. The email/subscription engines are completely different and will not carry over between systems.

John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2009 0
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gee Thanks! At least we have a head up. I'll have to make a snapshot of my subscriptions. So I can resubscribe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2009 0