• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe log in issues

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2009 Jul 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so for some reason the only way I can log in to adobe.com is if I use Firefox. All the other browsers have me redirected to the log in page when I try to sign in. I don't know why this is. It wont say anything just takes me back to the log in page

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 03, 2009 Jul 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't type your user name and password and tick remember me then sign in at least one time  that is what will happen. It has to set a clearpace cookie for each browser. It doesn't happen in  Firefox because you have already done so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I reverse this in the other browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone please tell what I need to do to reverse this so i can log in with my other browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to reverse anything. Each browser has its own cookie set.

Simply look for the username and password you used to log in in FF.

Then open each other browser after quiting the first. Then type in your user name and password. When logged in go to a  groups and read a post.

then quit that one and go to next and repeat. What brwoser are you trying to use? If IE I can't help but I've logged in using SeaMonkey , Firefox, Opera, and Safari and have no problems logging in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only browser I use on a regular basis is IE8, firefox, and chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, but I still keep getting redirected to the sign in screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having issues downloading a trial  version of Adobe illustrator. Says I need adobe download manager yet it never prompts me to download it. just a windows pops up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wally386 wrote:

I'm also having issues downloading a trial  version of Adobe illustrator. Says I need adobe download manager yet it never prompts me to download it. just a windows pops up.

Try downloading with Internet Explorer if you are not already.  Sometimes FF does not get the right signals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF I could log in using IE8 I would. But I keep getting redirected to the sign in screen. This never happend before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 04, 2009 Jul 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try instead of logging in at the welcome Message below the title forums, Try logging in at very top of the page sounds like your Password might be messed up. If you can't there the you need to register as a new user. Of course any Products you registered under the old username and password might be out the window. There is a Possibility I don't know how, they can allow you to replace your password.

Curt might be able to explain how that is done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF my password was messed up. then why would it let me log in using firebox.? Maybe I need to contact support because this is just getting frustrating I cant even download the trial version of illustrator. This is the only site these issues happen on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far I can only log in using firefox, and seamonkey. Chrome, opera, IE8 safari, do not work, login page on those keeps refreshing. And I'm not able to download the trial version of illustrator on FF or seamonkey. This sucks

Another odd thing, is It will only led me download illustrator when I click on mac,English. Yet will not let me download for windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried Macintosh version of Opera. works just fine, no login cycling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running windows xp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wally386 wrote:

I'm running windows xp

I'm running out of expletives. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running out of patience

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

firefox, and seamonkey. Chrome, opera, IE8 safari,

Only with Jive Software forums do you need 5 fucking browsers to actually use the forums.  "If it doesn't work in one browser, try using another!"

If I had a dollar for every time I switched from one browser to another so I could get something to work correctly here, I'd be buying GM for $10 right now.

Sorry wally, Adobe put us all on the rickety, smelly, leaky ass Jive boat and we're floating up s**t's creek until they come to their senses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not log in to the site period using my other browsers. You would think with such a tech advanced company, they would think these things through. Adobe builds state of the art software but cant make it easy to log in and download content sheesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 05, 2009 Jul 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wally386 wrote:

I can not log in to the site period using my other browsers. You would think with such a tech advanced company, they would think these things through. Adobe builds state of the art software but cant make it easy to log in and download content sheesh.

Yep. WTF Adobe?

FIX THIS SHIT!

If you even read this useless forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone out there, in adobe land help me sniff sniff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wally386 wrote on 2009-07-03 07:18:

ok so for some reason the only way I can log in to adobe.com is if I use Firefox.

A login problem is not a forums issue, but an adobe.com issue. You

should try the forum for the adobe.com site at

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/adobedotcom_feedback

If people there are unable to help, the next step is either calling

customer support or running the HTTP requests from your browser through

a recording proxy and analyzing the headers.

Jochem

--

Jochem van Dieten

http://jochem.vandieten.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What 'people there'? It seems to be little but a collection of angry people complaining about rotten or non-existent customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a understatement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2009 Jul 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a real customer service for adobe try this number Customer Service Hotline is 800-833-6687, 7 days a week 6am-8pm(Pacific time).

I bet they can help you with your issue. Have a good day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines