• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Online Store Doesn't Work

Participant ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this is the right forum to post this, but I didn't know where else to put it.  Several days ago I tried to purchase Premiere Pro and the store won't let me.  Each time I add it to my cart then go to check out, it replaces PPro with an Adobe product I already purchased several months ago.  I tried adding other Adobe products instead and it does the same thing.  I can't delete the already purchased product with anything else.

I reported it in a chat with two Adobe representatives from customer service and sales.  The latter was clueless and kept trying to sell me another product when I was trying to purchase an upgrade then asked me what I was going to use the program for.

Does anyone know if the store is going to be fixed soon?  I can't find a link anywhere on this website to report it other than to the worthless chat room or call.  I understand calls have a holding time of about 30 or more minutes.  I haven't seen any complaints about this in the forums so I'm assuming nobody is purchasing anything lately.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Dec 09, 2012 Dec 09, 2012

I discovered the reason why it didn't work in Firefox was because I let the software import my favorites and passwords.  I uninstalled Firefox then reinstalled without importing favorites and passwords.  After that, I didn't have any problems with the cart or checking out.

By the way, I returned the volume licensed version and I'm just waiting for my refund from Adobe so I can purchased PPro CS6.  For some reason, my IE9 still doesn't work.  I didn't want to deal with volume licensed upgrades sin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 possibles... 1st is this Email address for feedback adbecare@adobe.com

2nd is the general bug report https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug report only has the option to select a product from the drop down list.  I didn't see the store listed.  Should I select the software I'm trying to buy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never filed a bug report, so I can't really say what to select

But, back to your original problem... have you gone to your browser's options and cleared/flushed (whatever the wording) your browser history?

Have you tried using a different web browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cleared the browsing history along with everything else in IE9 and it still doesn't work.  I haven't tried using a different browser like Firefox because I've had problems with that browser before.  I will try it, but I doubt it will make a difference.  One of the chat reps told me the store was down so I'm assuming it isn't on my end.  I'm just wondering how long will it be down if it is down.  I didn't get any help from the two chat reps I corresponded with.  They were clods.

I did a complete system restore and that didn't help either.  I think the problem is with the store and not my computer.  Why would a program I ordered months ago keep turning up in my cart then I have to keep logging in to go to checkout.  I can never get to checkout because the little circle keeps spinning as if it's trying to do something.  I can't get past that point and have to close the browser.

I'll try Firefox again and see if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have problems with Firefox, try Opera (I think it is free, but not sure)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Firefox and it doesn't work with it.  It isn't the browser.  It's the store.  The same thing happens in both browsers.  Adobe recommends IE and Firefox.  I don't think Opera is on the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I chatted again and was routed to the volume licensing store to purchase the upgrade.  Big mistake.  I was told I would be purchasing the same software that I would get from the regular store.  I'm not a company and did not want software licensed for a business.  I understand the serial number, which I still haven't received, cannot even be used on the trial version.  I was tricked into going to this volume license website instead to purchase the wrong software.  I may have to wait until next week to get the serial number and download link which I was not told about prior to purchasing.

By the way, I was told the Adobe store is not experiencing any problems today but did a couple of days ago.  It must be something in my browser that prevented me from ordering the upgrade even though clearing the cache did nothing.  I was told I have to wait for my order to finish processing before I can cancel this order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2012 Dec 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had similar issues, when going to purchase the upgrade for PrPro CS 6, from CS 5.5.

I was using Chrome, as my browser, and was told to delete all Adobe cookies. As many of those are useful for other things, at least to me, I just fired up IE 7 (in my case), and suddenly the Adobe Store did just what I needed. As I use it sparingly, there were few, if any, Adobe cookies.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 09, 2012 Dec 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered the reason why it didn't work in Firefox was because I let the software import my favorites and passwords.  I uninstalled Firefox then reinstalled without importing favorites and passwords.  After that, I didn't have any problems with the cart or checking out.

By the way, I returned the volume licensed version and I'm just waiting for my refund from Adobe so I can purchased PPro CS6.  For some reason, my IE9 still doesn't work.  I didn't want to deal with volume licensed upgrades since they are separate from the regular store.

I thought about deleting all the cookies myself and perhaps IE will work again if I do.  I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one having problems with IE.  I should probably uninstall it and go back to IE8.  I think that's what comes with Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my particular case, I have IE 7, but only use it for a few things, like the Adobe Online Help Files (Chrome will not run those properly?), so I did not have many Adobe cookies in it - just Chrome.

Good luck, and glad that you got FF running the Adobe Store.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines