• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader for Low End PCs.

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2009 Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm an air ambulance pilot and I'm donating several desktop pcs to a rural school in a mountainous province in the Philippines. I bought them by bulk in Hong Kong and some of them are low end. I was wondering what version of adobe reader works well with low end pcs? The latest versions make the low end pcs crawl in performance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2009 Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

This is the forum to discuss forum issues. They don't like it much when we help people here.

Go to the following link (it's the forum for Adobe Reader) and repeat your question there and we can sort it out for you.

Be sure and mention what Operating System the PC's use.

Link: http://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums/adobe_reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Graf,

To be fair, I must say that it has been me, not any moderator or Adobe employee, who have asked participants to try to resist their legitimate desire to post here the answers to product questions when they know them. My argument is that showing a newcomer where s/he should have posted his/her question is like teaching him/her how to fish, while providing the answer here is like just giving him/her a fish. And I do respect anyone who doesn't agree with this opinion of mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Giving them the fish here means that it may never get to the correct forum where others may benefit too.

Thats why I always give a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could actually  do a little of both. give a small snippet of an answer if you know the subject at hand, and then put link to direct them for more details. This was the way it was done on the webx forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines