Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fp_forum.png

It was not like that yesterday...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, the cause is revealed in Claudio's post http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1049544

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, Pat, but we all know that nobody reads post #1!

In any case, it was there at least 16 hours ago, which is when I noticed and reported it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener wrote:

Ah, the cause is revealed in Claudio's post http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1049544

I'm sorry Pat but I didn't get it at that time and still don't. How is that Claudio's thread related to this one? Could you please take me out of the doubt

Ditto, is anyone still seeing that at the Reader Forums? Because I do... but at the Flash Player Forums >

Dibujo1.JPG

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On that page, if you still see that effect (I don't), do you see a topic by user /forrest/ ?  It seems that slashes in user names cause the strangest things in these forums.

In my original post, the distortion was caused by a user named https://www.adobe.com/dig

It seems that such user names cannot be prevented, and the site effects in this forum won't be addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat, I thought that is extremely easy to reject non alphabetic and non numerical characters in fillable fields, and also to prevent some non English characters such as the "á" in my name. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

(Don't know how I got this typeface, and cannot find how to get rid of it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, Claudio - theoretically...

Adobe usernames are created and maintained on the www.adobe.com site, where they do not cause any problems.

But once the user signs up with the same user name (display name) here on the forum, it is here where it causes the problems.  And the forum admin cannot do anything about this on this side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And would it be all that difficult to convince people in charge of adobe.com that email addresses, and a number of special characters, while not causing any problem there, are causing problems in here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

And would it be all that difficult to convince people in charge of adobe.com that email addresses, and a number of special characters, while not causing any problem there, are causing problems in here?

I wouldn't hold my breath...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two culprits on same page...

Dibujo1.JPG

Adobe Membership's Team should definetively do something about this issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Humm, Thank you Pat, I wasn't aware of that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines