• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Security Breach. Is My Debit Card Safe? Info?

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I cancel my debit card with this security breach? Is it safe? What should I do?

https://www.comparitech.com/blog/information-security/7-million-adobe-creative-cloud-accounts-expose...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a security expert and I do not speak for Adobe in this case. However, I would contact my bank and ask them what they recommend. I would also be very, very cautious about any emails or phone calls purporting to be from Adobe that try to get you to provide PID, passwords, or financial information or payments.

Note that the article itself says:

--QUOTE by ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The information does not pose a direct financial or security threat. No credit cards or other payment information was exposed, nor were any passwords.
--ENDQUOTE ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Adobe wrote about this here:

https://theblog.adobe.com/security-update/

It looks like a security researcher discovered a brief (est. 7 days) vulnerability in an Adobe prototype development environment by proactively running extensive online scans/probes, not necessarily that the data was found, copied or stolen by any malicious hacker. So at this time, anyway, there does not appear to be abuse of that data confirmed.

Regardless, always be aware of possible phishing emails from any company, regardless of source/sender... There are plenty of big email list exposures out there which have been positively confirmed to have been widely stolen and abused, sold, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines