Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Service Outage Update

Community Expert ,
May 16, 2014 May 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Service Outage Update | Adobe Customer Care Team

Why wasn't something like this posted across the forums during the outage rather than leaving us all guessing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because nobody could get in to even post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r wrote:

That occurred to me but even on a Wordpress site, if you can't login, you can directly access the database via PhpMyAdmin or even MySql.

Thought Jive would have emergency access routes too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r wrote:

Or that they wanted to keep quiet that Adobe portal is once again under attack by hackers and spammers .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly Adobe is on a massive learning curve with their Cloud infrastructure and what is required to maintain security and uptime.

This event almost sounds like human error somewhere in the backend during an update or similar.

Most disturbing to me are the dark periods where users are left without access to paid software, services and support for hours or days wondering what is going on.

Adobe simply goes silent. Not good enough. And posting apologetic blog posts after the event simply worsens the perception from the outside looking in.

Adobe must learn to handle these events - and I'm sure there will be more - much better and communicate with their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even Business Catalyst was down for a very long time but they didn't bother to inform anybody.  They notified me AFTER they had resolved whatever was the problem:

2014-05-16_2228.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After (quite) a while I found a message at the top of the welcome page,

http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

That was after my second chat on the second day (it started in the evening over here) with those helping with Sign in issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines