Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe taking away the ability to edit messages

LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe,

I've hated this platform since day one.  I even hate it more than I ever hated the Jive! platform.  Taking away the user ability to edit messages that they post is not helping.  As I've stated in another (related) thread, I'm seriously considering leaving and never coming back.  The number of people with tons of experience in the ColdFusion forum has significantly dropped.  Do you _really_ want to chase away more with this arbitrary decision?

Or, maybe I should just view this as another straw on the camel's back.  Due to the pandemic, I had to back off trying to convince management to switch to Lucee.  Think I'll double-down.

Bad decision after bad decision.  It's a wonder Adobe is still in business.

TOPICS
General Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, as you note about Jive, Adobe did not write this forum software and Adobe has not removed anything... it is the fault of the owner of the forum software that Adobe rents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're saying that the decision to remove editing messages wasn't Adobe's, it was the decision of the people that Adobe is RENTING THIS PLATFORM FROM?  Adobe has NO SAY in how their platform is being run???

I've complained to Adobe, before, about how they have all these products but never use any of them, themselves.  The optics of a company not using their own software to create their forums should be raising red flags in everyone's mind.  The fact that someone else gets to decide policy on this platform, alone, should be cause for concern.

I'm done.  If a company can't even control the most rudimentary aspects of their U2U tech support forum, I have completely and utterly lost the minute amount of respect that I had for Adobe.  These forums should have been done in ColdFusion, by Adobe staff, not rented from a third-party that gets control over how things are run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been reported.  Khoros does not have final say.  However, they take their sweet time about fixing important problems.  Whether that's because of Covid-19 staff shortages or other factors, we don't know.  

All we know is that since Khoros came online a year ago, nobody has expressed total satisfaction with this platform.  Enjoyment is down. Frustration is high.  The quality of discussions have diminished.  And a lot of valued forum contributors, ACPs & MVPs are not participating here anymore.  I'll let you connect the dots.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, the list of contributors who are fleeing en masse will now include me.

If/when the ability of the user to edit messages returns, then I would appreciate someone from the Adobe staff contacting me via email to let me know.  In the meantime, I'm out.  Not coming back until then.

Be well, stay safe.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, Adobe.  What's going on?  I saw the thread about updates on 07 SEP 20, but ever since this morning I cannot edit messages I've typed.  Click 'More', and a thin bar appears, which I assume to be the dialog that contains the link to edit, but the link cannot be seen or clicked.

And I have Adobe Community Help bookmarked, but access is now DENIED.  Why?

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of different forums were merged into the Using the Community forum, so the old ones are no longer accessible.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/august-11-2020-community-release-notes/m-p/113541...

Regarding editing posts, a number of people have reported an issue, but according to an Adobe employee, only Adobe employees, ACPs and MVPs can edit posts. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/the-option-to-do-edits-to-a-post-is-not-available...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that information, Amebr.

To whom do I direct my anger at, this time?  The option to edit posts was present for all users for quite a while.  This sudden and arbitrary decision to take that away from users is not a good one.  I've been fed up with this platform since day one.  I'm seriously contemplating never coming back.

And another thing:  I do not appreciate my thread being hijacked by Adobe and melded into this one.  I don't care what the 'reasoning' is - leave the thread I started as it is, and let others chime in on that; don't confuse things for me by removing it and adding it to another thread.  I'm so fed up with this.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this forum is it. Or you could try the chat function on their main website, but \_0_/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines