• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe, you've lost a customer.

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find an email address in contact or support and I can't find a forum for customer feedback or complaints, so here I am. I am very disappointed in the licensing policy your company has taken. I have a license for Creative Suite 3 Design Standard that I have been using, it only came with Mac install disks. My Mac recently died and I went with PC to save some money and for the flexibility PC allows. I am now finding out that there is no way for me to use my VALID CS3 license with my PC. How is this right? I called a sales representative to ask about license transferring which I saw on your FAQ. Apparently the only way to switch from Mac to PC or vice versa is to buy/upgrade to the latest version CS5.5. According to the sales rep, this is because you guys have no way to get a copy of CS3 or even a serial number for CS3. Who do you think you are kidding? You want us to believe there really is no way for you to let us switch OS's on a product we already have purchased? It's obvious this is just a way to get more money out of your already legitimate customers. I was expecting maybe a $50 "transfer" fee or "restocking" fee, something like that. I'm sure CS5.5 is outstanding, but I'm fine with CS3. I just graduated school last year, so I'm still trying to break through as a freelance artist, so I can only purchase absolute necessities. When my mac died I needed to get a new computer, I use the computer to do my artwork and manage my contacts etc. I DO NOT need CS5.5. I have a legitimate and perfectly fine copy of CS3 that will enable me to produce work but you will not allow me to use it. I don't understand your marketing plan: force existing customers to upgrade, leaving a bitter taste in their mouths and not being happy with the company. When on the other hand you could allow us to use the product license we already have, keeping us happy, and then later when we've started to make some money with the current product, we have money to spend on your new products since we are happy with your company and customer service. Doing a simple google search shows that people in a similar situation to me are all over the internet and are not happy. This stance on forcing customers to spend money is not a successful one and an abuse of your power over the computer design program market.

As of now I've started looking into open license or other alternatives to Adobe products. Large companies all over are wondering why people are pirating. Yes there will always be some people who just don't want to pay for a product and would rather steal, but the biggest problem and cause of pirating is accessability. If you can't give reasonable service to your customers or a reasonable level of accessability to your product, people will turn to piracy and illegitimate means. I won't because I disagree with piracy, but I will be supporting other companies that hopefully can someday grow to challenge your solitary hold on the market and force you to rethink some of your unreasonable policies that you can only get away with because of your position in the market.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're the second person I've heard with a similar complaint recently.

I can imagine Adobe might not have any more boxed sets, but did they actually say they have no way to generate a serial number?  There are of course still ways to download the CS3 software (people who purchased CS3 as a download can still download it, for example).

Can't blame you for your sentiment, not one bit.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong forum; the people you are addressing as "you" are mostly customers like yourself, and the only regular Adobe employee here is the forum administrator.

But since Adobe has already lost you as a customer, there is probably no point of sending you to the correct forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong forum or not, I agree with SolidLuigi.  I purchased CS3 from Amazon, an expensive full version with serial number unopened in the box, and Adobe won't register the product for upgrades because Amazon isn't an "authorized reseller." 

Adobe will choke on its profits and hungry programmers will get real busy out there to create a competing product.  Adobe will only be able to buy up so many start ups before they're hoisted up by their own pitard.  All of my software is licensed, either OEM or retail, nothing pirated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazon is indeed an authorized reseller of Adobe products.  Except for one purchase this year that I made directly from Adobe, all my Adobe software has been bought from Amazon because they have better prices and infinitely better service than Adobe directly.  All of them have been registered with and activated by Adobe.

It is possible, however, that you bought from an "Amazon Merchant" rather than from Amazon directly, and those fly-by-night "Amazon Merchants" are notorious for their sometimes downright criminal business practices.

Amazon should drop those merchants right away, rather than after receiving many complaints about them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a similar vein, in the forums in Spanish people are complaining -quite rightly, I would think- about their impossibility to upgrade to the CS Creative Cloud for people in all countries in Latin America excepting Mexico and Brazil. As a matter of fact, I understand that the Creative Cloud can only be purchased in countries where Adobe has official stores.

Talk about encouraging piracy ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification, Bob, between Amazon and Amazon Marketplace.  I also found some forums that expanded that distinction to include http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotcom/2011/07/protect-yourself-from-pirated-and-counterfeit-softwar....

Perhaps Adobe may create a more prominent link to direct potential customers to their authorized resellers list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SolidLuigi,

You said you purchased a license for Creative Suite 3 Design Standard that I have been using, it only came with Mac install disks. If I may correct you, you purchased a license for Creative Suite 3 Design Standard for the Mac. If Adobe had chosen to make a license for Creative Suite 3 Design Standard for the Mac and Windows it would have undoubtably charged a higher fee. Adobe's new Creative Cloud allows you to run on a Mac or Windows machine but there is a monthly licensing fee $29.00/month for the first year. For some people it is a bargain, for some it is just too expensive.

Adobe as a company needs a constant stream of income to satisfy its stockholders. Its policies are designed to encourage you to purchase new licenses. If they were to make it easy for you to stay with CS3 then you will never need to pay for an upgraded license. Right now you still have an opportunity to upgrade to CS6, shortly the only deal available will be to purchase a new license. This isn't Adobe being greedy, this is Adobe conducting business as many software companies do. Ask Microsoft to give you a free switch from Microsoft Office for the Mac to Microsoft Office for Windows and see what happens. IBM won't let you switch versions of their SPSS software. I think you will find it hard to find a large software company that does sell separate licnenses and then lets you swap.

Its not that Adobe doesn't want your business. It wants everyone's business. But everything comes with a price. The price of allowing users of ancient software from one system to another is not sustainable from a business point of view. It would generate more income, it generates less income. Probably significantly less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how does one have access to the Creative Cloud in countries where Adobe has no official store?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, Luigi was willing to pay a fee.  The problem as I see it is that Adobe is offering NO way to get the job done, even if they were to charge a transfer fee to cover their costs and even build in a bit of profit.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2012 Oct 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel Carboni wrote:

For what it's worth, Luigi was willing to pay a fee.

-Noel

And so are all the persons compaling about their unability to get the Creative Cloud except in selected countries. As I understand things, in this case we are not talking of shipping physical products, dealing with customs, opr payment issues. International credit cards transfer the money to the seller the moment the buyer presses the "Go" (or whatever) button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2012 Oct 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my message #10 above, my fingers wrote "compaling" instead of "complaining", which was the order my brain sent...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines