• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All my forum content are gone!

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I had server error on login, then you fixed it but all my forum content are gone. No comments no posts. What the heck???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were reported for completely FOUL LANGUAGE and wishing a terminal illness on Adobe employees

I am actually surprised that you were not completely banned from the forums for your behavior

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, let me speak a little on "why" and "legal" parts.

1. Adobe started it not by saying anything but by actually doing it. By the way, the removal of the feature with an update during subscription period is legally arguable (and our company will follow this path). Adobe TOS 1.8  "If we discontinue a Service in its entirety, then we will provide you with a pro-rata refund for any unused fees for that Service that you may have prepaid." But any refunds were declined.

Also, it can be legally argued in terms of false advertising because there we local ads (marketing materials 2 months before CC18 release) showing clearly Device Preview as a product feature which made our company to buy another year of subscription. This can be classified as intentional misinformation for fraud purposes according to our country laws.

2. We bought 12 iPhones (6s and 6s+) simultaneously with a subscription to provide all designers with it. This was our investment in the so much advertised by Adobe itself pipeline. I personally was planning to bring this pipeline as a 60-minute talk at GDC (Game Developers Conference - the biggest event in games development industry) this spring. Now I know what to say there about mutual trust with monopolistic companies. Check it by yourself (scroll to the bottom) ‘Stellar Age’ by Alexander Vinogradov | Readymag

3. The CC 2018 update which was guaranteed by our subscription was a selling point as well (as marketing materials states)

4. In short: Adobe said same things (or even worse) to the whole community and that was not the first time. All these people think the same Adobe Preview CC & Photoshop CC 2018

We understand that it's hard to be a monopoly because it's a huge responsibility.

As for my personal rude words: it was directed to the concrete person and his competence, and has nothing to do with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't care who you were addressing... you wished cancer and aids on a person, after using really foul language

If I was in charge, you would have been banned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And? This does not explain the initial question: where are all my other content and comments? Also, I disagree that one can be banned for emotional personal message especially when there were reasons for that kind of language.

The message should have been deleted in a moderation phase - yes.

Ban - no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines