• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All threads show up as read.

LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2011 Mar 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the CSS on the site messed up? I'm not getting bolded text for unread threads plus "updated" isn't listed on threads that have been updated.

sample.jpg

But some of the ones I've already visited are a little lighter blue than the others.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 176 Replies 176
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind.

I logged out and back in again once with no results but doing it a second time cleared it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be happening in all these forums:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3570542#3570542

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3570636#3570636

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Claudio. Noticed those after I posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaaaand, it's back again.

At least I got a good 5 minutes in before it broke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So logging out and back in multiple times didn't work this time around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how helpful it is to say "me too", but I'm seeing the same problem on the Photoshop Windows forum.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graf,  don't understand why you marked this "question" as Answered. I have yet to see any official or semi-official statement about this problem, which is still with us...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I jumped the gun.

I initially thought it was fixed after loggin out and back in twice but unfortunately that was only a temporary fix. Wish I could remove the "answered" status.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you could always post another new thread, though this one is probably not going to be ignored.

For what it's worth I saw the functionality return very briefly as well.  Maybe they're working on the problem.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jive turned off the "Read Tracking" in response to some performance issues. Hoping to get it back on after testing or a fix. Doesn't make me happy.

Lighter blue means that you have visited that link recently, not related to the new/unread messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Good to know.

I'm sure it's not making your job any easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

Jive turned off the "Read Tracking" in response to some performance issues. Hoping to get it back on after testing or a fix. Doesn't make me happy.

Whatever you did, it's running snappier than heck!  I've been enjoying my experience with the forum today!

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read Tracking (identifying threads with new content since you last visit) does have an impact on performance.

Vote time. Which is more important? Read Tracking or Speed? The initial hope with read tracking is that it would do something similar to the old system that kept a high-water-mark for each forum so you could just pick up where you left off. But it never lived up to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd vote for speed over the read tracking. Obviously both are good, but if the forum gets slow for some odd reason [ha ha] and turning off read tracking makes a measurable difference, then not having it works well for me. I don't find myself using the read tracking at all, really. Sometimes "updated" is handy, but it doesn't seem dependable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have to say that read-tracking is a neccesary evil. Also the updated notices.

Without those, I'd never be able to keep track or find my way back to threads I've replied in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

My vote is definitely for Read Tracking over Speed: it gives a more important kind of speed, along with ease.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also vote for Read Tracking. The new Firefox gives me shorter loading times, and these times have been very variable these days anyway. I have just experienced a 30 second wait followed by a 2 seconds one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read tracking...provided Jive doesn't screw up something else.  I lost confidence in them a long time ago.

Better yet, get Adobe to dump Jive and then send someone to dpreview.com to see read tracking and speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is more important? Read Tracking or Speed?

Both.  Turn on the tracking, and GET NEW SERVERS!

(Personally, I haven seen any speed increase today.  I still often have to wait 10 to 20 seconds for the servers to actually do their job and serve the page.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

Read Tracking (identifying threads with new content since you last visit) does have an impact on performance.

Vote time. Which is more important? Read Tracking or Speed? The initial hope with read tracking is that it would do something similar to the old system that kept a high-water-mark for each forum so you could just pick up where you left off. But it never lived up to that.

This is far and away the slowest forum I visit, even now with the read tracking off.  Page loads are especially huge and painful when using a mobile device (>1MB for a single page of text?).

So, a little slower but so you have to visit fewer pages would be my choice.  Turn the read tracking back on, and figure out a way to make each page smaller by a factor of at least 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

All in all, and despite my comment about about the forums seeming exceptionally snappy, I really like being able to see what threads have new info in them, so I'd have to vote for Read Tracking over speed.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2011 Mar 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read tracking IMO is absolutely priority 1. If you can't distinguish new or updated posts, it gets extremely cumbersome to find them. The update to Jive several years ago was already a huge step backwards. Before that we had clear red flags, making recognition of new or updated posts far easier than in the Jive environment. Snappier performance and Jive are a contradictio in terminis. It is either or. And the last couple of days, not only has the read tracking gone, but at the same time the performance has again gone down the drain. I must say it comes as no surprise, but as usual it starts on a Friday and will not be resolved before Monday or Tuesday.

You are using way outdated Jive software versions. What would you think would happen if your Adobe clients were only using Premiere 6.0, Acrobat 4.0 or Photoshop 7.0 and no CS versions at all? Would that make Adobe happy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before that we had clear red flags

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/

http://userstyles.org/styles/17070/addupdateflag

Of course, the above does depend on read tracking being turned on.  So c'mon Adobe, turn it back on already!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I definitely vote for restoring the read tracking. I read all messages on indesign scripting forum and I want to be able to discern the difference between read and unread messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines