• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alternate ways to access the User to User Forums

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2001 Sep 19, 2001

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're working on new ways to access the Adobe User to User Forums.

Right now the primary way to access the forums is via the web using an HTTP interface. But it is also possible to access the forums as newsgroups (NNTP).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 103 Replies 103
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2002 Jan 22, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the daiquiri still worked, right? Let's keep priorities straight here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed it did . . . I was so very disappointed the battery ran out so quickly (as it happens, I was the recipient of a second battery today, for which I did not ask ;?).

Cheers,

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I live at the beach. I don't need batteries. Just a long extension cord!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hehehe. Well, it wasn't my beach. It was a nice one, though, with a bar and everything. For a brief moment there, I had a slice of the TommyG good life, instead of the Connecticut gotta go shovel sleet off my sidewalk life. Hehe.

Cheers,

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was born and raised in Buffalo. Lived there until I was 28. It does NOT snow in Connecticut!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He said sleet... don't think that even counts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2002 Jul 18, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to contact adobe to become a beta tester.

Thanks

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary, you might send a note to the forum mailbox asking that they forward the request to the proper folks. userforums@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A search using "Beta Tester" of Adobe.com produced this: http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/betatesting.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if I'm doing Adobe a disservice by posting that? Perhaps the concept is that anyone who can't find that page by his/herself isn't qualified to be a beta tester.

Amazing how easy it is to find things with a search engine. Amazing how few people bother.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that's a bit harsh. I'm tired today, having worked late into the night to meet a deadline.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL!

Lately, I'm being assigned projects whose deadlines have passed.

Cheers,

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucky you! I keep working software manuals who's deadlines, and screen views, change by the hour! I hate doing software manuals!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 19, 2002 Jul 19, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not so lucky. That too. In fact, not only did the GUI/features change the week before shipping, but it was decided to rework some tutorials for the printed version of the document after shipping . . ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2002 Aug 21, 2002

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac with Netscape 4.79 and have never had this problem. Updated last week from Mac OS 9.1 to 9.2.2; no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 07, 2004 Mar 07, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> > Alternate ways to access the User to User Forums

I may be years behind everyone else, but the forums can be accessed on Google Groups - Click here

Iechyd da! John
00:00 08/03/2004 GMT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 09, 2004 Mar 09, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

You can read forums post there (Google Groups), but if you post there, your message will not be visible here on the Adobe Forums, only on Google groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 11, 2004 Mar 11, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ramón,

I found that out the hard way!

Iechyd da! John
16:51 11/03/2004 GMT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2004 Mar 13, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone Help me with setting this up in Forte-Agent? Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 14, 2004 Mar 14, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thomas,

Point your newsreader to "adobeforums.com" - just that, no www or nntp prefix.

Select that you need to login, and enter your username (Thomas Porter) and your password. Click OK and go and collect a list of the forums on that server.

More details at: John Cornicello "Can I read the Forums as a newsgroup?" 9/19/02 2:05pm

Iechyd da! John
12:12 14/03/2004 GMT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 18, 2004 Apr 18, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> the forums can be accessed on Google Groups

Except the gateway posts articles without breaking lines, which makes it unpleasant & ugly to use Google Groups (and probably other newsreaders too, since this behaviour flouts long-established USENET convention). I reported this bug on 24 Jan without any useful response from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toby_Thain@adobeforums.com wrote in
news:ef406ea.69@webx.la2eafNXanI:

>
>
> the forums can be accessed on Google Groups
>
>
>
>
> Except the gateway posts articles without breaking lines, which
> makes it unpleasant & ugly to use Google Groups (and probably
> other newsreaders too, since this behaviour flouts
> long-established USENET convention). I reported
> this bug on 24 Jan without any
> useful response from Adobe.

Any decent newsreader can wrap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Any decent newsreader can wrap.

And any decent USENET gateway can follow established convention (see e.g. here) and break overlong lines!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toby,

1. This is old news that has already been discussed in this forum.

2. Google does something non-standard that doesn't fit with the multitude of ways that these forums can be accessed.

3. Posting to Google doesn't post here, so if you care to use the Google forums, you will get a distorted view of what's going on here anyway.

It's point three that renders this academic as far as I'm concerned. I believe that some investigation is going on in the background. But your implication that the reason this doesn't work is that someone here is an idiot is nowhere near the truth.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2004 Apr 26, 2004

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Google does something non-standard

Incorrect.

Not idiots. Just mistaken. It's Global Crossing's gateway that's not following accepted practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines