• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Am I missing something here?

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2012 Jan 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe software for over 20 years…

Like many users of Adobe products I have upgraded to 5.5 from 4 to avoid the expense of buying 6 at the full clout. At the time it was announced, I took it on the chin and in my bank balance and purchased an upgrade that I would probably have not and got 6 instead.

I have now had 5.5 for a little over two weeks and I wish I'd ignored the hype and stayed with 4 (top that with the 'ahem' purchase extension now on offer).

It has truly been an education in the old adage "if it ain't broke don't fix it'. Since using illustrator and photoshop 5.5 in that time I have found the 'new' software clunky, full of bugs and with an interface that looks like 1980's word software (particulary acrobat!).

All that seems to have improved is making it lock, fail, break and crash more often.

A little over £500.00 to 'upgrade'. The only upgrade that has occurred is in Adobe's wallet.

Thanks a bunch Adobe, not only did you stitch me up financially, but you got me with a crap upgrade as well.

So Adobe - from a once happy user to one that feels let down and dissappointed - sleep well, if you can.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you take a look at this thread?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/948416?tstart=0

In any case, remeber you are not addressing Adobe here, just fellow users who can at most just sympathize with you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why I normally use the trial versions (if available) for 30 days. Gives me a chance to see if it's something worth purchasing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing something here?

Yes you are missing the fact that this particular forum (Forum Comments) is all about Adobe Forums themselves.  It has nothing to do with people's inability to do math or to rant about how wonderful Adobe products are that one can't live without, resulting in chaos when a new policy is announced.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2012 Jan 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Math? Rant? Chaos? My 'rant' as you put it was perfectly valid to other forum viewers as an opinion that new users may find useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines