• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An Interactive Text box

New Here ,
May 11, 2013 May 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am working on a large site for my students to access. I'd like to set up a site map of sorts that allows them to view their progress in the course by hovering over the circles to see where they've been and where they're going. I'd like each of the buttons (circles) to be able to activate a text box with text related to that position in the map. Also I'd like the circles to highlight a specific color related to each chapter.

Is this something flash can do for me, or do I need some other scripting tool? Saw nothing related to this in the forums or in other searches. Any information on this is greatly appreciated. Also, each of the fifteen circles in the first column would require a unique color, while the circles in columns 2 and 3 would be the same as the highlighted one in the first column. Tall order... most likely.

mapexample.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 12, 2013 May 12, 2013

Hi there

Adobe Captivate can likely do this as well. But it would require a substantial amount of custom coding to achieve. As Pat said, Flash is likely the best choice. But if you were using Captivate, (and you were comfortable with Flash) you might be able to use Flash to create a custom Captivate Widget application that would do it. Then drop the Widget into Captivate (if you wanted it all in Captivate).

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2013 May 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is really not the right place for your question; this forum is for forum issues only.  (And lately for angry posts about irate customers regarding Adobe's Creative Cloud announcement.)

But since you do not know what product you should use for your problem, it's hard to send you away to a specific product forum.

My guess is that Flash could probably be used for your application, but I'm not sure.  Let's see what other forum regulars have to suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2013 May 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Adobe Captivate can likely do this as well. But it would require a substantial amount of custom coding to achieve. As Pat said, Flash is likely the best choice. But if you were using Captivate, (and you were comfortable with Flash) you might be able to use Flash to create a custom Captivate Widget application that would do it. Then drop the Widget into Captivate (if you wanted it all in Captivate).

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the suggestion on Captivate. Sat through the tutorials and learned how much time this program is going to save me. It will do exactly what I'm looking to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines