• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

And what about legibility?

LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2009 Sep 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I refloat this discussion? It's true that I don´t have anything new to add, but I still find Arial 10 too difficult to read on screen. That's why I always post in Verdana, one of the fonts specially designed for screen usage.

Just for comparison:

May I refloat this discussion? It's true that I don´t have anything new to add, but I still find Arial 10 too difficult to read on screen. That's why I always post in Verdana, one of the fonts specially designed for screen usage.

(Sorry, it took me a long time to find the original discussion, and I accidentally lost my link to it, but it started with a proposition to change the default font of this site from Arial to Verdana).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this is already in the request queue. 

While you wait for an official response as to the status, there is a local css style that will change it for you:

http://userstyles.org/styles/17023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. Let's hope that the queue is not too long, and that it is getting shorter.

In all my requests, I have asked for solutions, not for workarounds; and I have not applied any of the many published enhancements that would unclutter my screen and make it look nicer. Thanks for the tip anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the points made here but I'm not going to waste time figuring out how to use custom css, if that's even possible with Chrome.  Obviously it was just another decision that the Jive design team's lead chimp hit on the dartboard.  I wonder what we would have gotten if his dart hit the wingdings font...

Obey the forum thought police.  Violators will be locked, deleted and banned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt Wrigley wrote on 9/4/2009 7:23 PM:

I believe this is already in the request queue.

It is. No word on a schedule.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made the same decision as has Claudio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use the following use a text editor wordpad or TexEdit (for Mac)  and type

#jive-wrapper {

width:100% !important;

background-color: #ffffff !important;

background-image: none !important;

}

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("forums.adobe.com") {
  body {
    font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif !important;
  }
}

Now save as userContent.css.

save somewhere on your hard drive and locate it in your web Browser.

Works in SeaMonkey, FireFox, Opera, iCab, Safari, OmniWeb. May work on IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philip, as I wrote above, I don't want workarounds, I want solutions. If this request is in the queue, as has been twice stated in this thread, then there is some hope that someday somebody will do something about it. So let us hope.

By the way, why don't you join me in my almost solitary campaign of posting messages in Verdana?  You don't have to do it manually; you have just posted a better way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this code in a userContent.css file that I have setup for the Browser I use (SeaMonkey) and in FireFox (in their Chrome folders).

The other web browser I named off I have set all of them to use a copy of this file I have on  a desktop director.

When and if Adobe/Jive fixes the window width problem and the verdana type style I'll remove the userContent.css file.

The solution is with aAdobe/Jive.and using the workarounds are temporay solutions, until they can be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philip, either there is something wrong with your code and/or setup, or we aren't understandig each other. I see your messages in Arial 10 in Firefox (Mac), and in Explorer and Safari (Win). My own messages are shown in Verdana 10 in these same three browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The code for the the change to vedana is a direct copy of the code used in stylish Code I belive the fellow that created it was "HeavyBoots"? Its on the stylish website.

It has to be saved in a pure text editor and saved with the extension .css. Name as used in FireFox and SeaMonkey is  userContent.css. You have to shut down FireFox or SeaMonkey and to chrome folder. If you save it while SM or FF is running  It won't be saved. And doesn't go into effect.

I couldn't get stylish to work. every time I installed it and had to update it disappeared and I had to go back to the website and try to reload the scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me see if I'm getting you right. Are you saying that you have never managed to get that code to work for you? If so, I think it should been right to say so from the beginning, and not expose others to waste their time trying to set up something that you know may not work.

If that's not what you are saying, then I'm sorry but I don't know what you are saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the challange is you are using Chrome.

In Post 1, the link i provided gives instructions for firefox (the easiest imho) ie, seamonkey, opera, and chrome.   However the procedure for chrome is the most convoluted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt, you are not responding me, but Philip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 05, 2009 Sep 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Claudio González wrote:

Let me see if I'm getting you right. Are you saying that you have never managed to get that code to work for you? If so, I think it should been right to say so from the beginning, and not expose others to waste their time trying to set up something that you know may not work.

If that's not what you are saying, then I'm sorry but I don't know what you are saying.

No I am say It works for me if save it  as a userContent.css file and place either on a destop Directory or, in Chrome folder of Mozilla Products (SM/FF).

What I am saying regardless of how I install Stylish every time I update to a new version of SM/FF, Stylish disappears and has to be reinstalled then I have to reinstall the stylish definitions.

What happens regardless of whether you click to install in Chrome folder in USerProfile or within Chrome folder within the application itself it installs within the application.

I didn't want the hassle so I asked someone on this forum how to put in a userContent.css file installed in the Chrome folder of user profile folder.

Confusing come in this sentence:

It has to be saved in a pure text editor and saved with the extension .css. Name as used in FireFox and SeaMonkey is  userContent.css. You have to shut down FireFox or SeaMonkey and to chrome folder. If you save it while SM or FF is running  It won't be saved. And doesn't go into effect.

it should be:

It has to be saved in a pure text editor and saved with the name extension .css. Name as used in FireFox and SeaMonkey is userContent.css. You have to shut down FireFox or SeaMonkey and save it to chrome folder. If you save it while SM or FF is running itt will not be saved. And will not go into effect.

Message was edited by: Phillip Jones additional Information added and corrections in wording

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I will second your suggestion, or maybe third, etc.

Now, what I would also like to know is what is with the folk who post in all caps and HEADLINE?

I'm old and nearly blind, but come on folk, that is just absurd.

Or the folk, who post their entire problem in the title.

Good suggestion,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines