• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another Hack Attack?

LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2011 Jun 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forums have returned to the veeeeeery slow load times these past few days, with 10, 20, even 30 seconds to load a single page not uncommon.  Those numbers are fine, but they should read in milliseconds, not seconds.

What's up Adobe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2011 Jun 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As well as Adobe sites, I have had this happen with other sites over the past few days

I once asked the IT staff at my work (branch campus of a University, with "about" 5,000 staff & student email accounts at any given time) and was told that the Barracuda hardware/software used here captures over a million spam emails a year

Based on that... I would say that any "new" spam wave around the 'net will cause problems for everyone, including Adobe

I don't remember any Adobe employee actually saying WHAT is used to block spam... but past problems have "sort'a" indicated that whatever Adobe is using, it is not very effective

So... we have floods of spam all over the 'net that cause problems, and seemingly not very good anti-spam hardware or software at Adobe, resulting in periodic slowdowns

There was mention made a few weeks ago that "something" was going on with the forum software, but nothing for the past week or two on that front

I guess we just continue to limp along

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2011 Jun 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These servers are outside of Adobe (as are many of the public facing servers).

But the Jive service has had more than it's share of random slowdowns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines