• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any chance of updating my "joined" date

People's Champ ,
Apr 26, 2009 Apr 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently appearing as having joined the forums this April, but I've been around since around 2005 in my previous incarnation. Anyone know how I could get that updated?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 29, 2009 Apr 29, 2009

I dunno. Who's the prettiest?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you remeber what your UserName and Password was under the name That was back to 2005.

You'll have to log out then use that username and Password.

What most likely you have done, is accidentally created a new User ID and Password when you signed into the new system. And now you have two accounts. You might try entering your email address and your password Once you create a new account even if by accident you are stuck with it. They do this to prevent people from creating an account, then causing a ruckus, then editing their account to hide and do it account. It really doesn't help like they think. People that are determined to, do so such will and if the creates 100 accounts it doesn't matter. They only thing it serves to do is to take up usable USER ID's and Passwords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but your suggestion doesn't seem to work. I'm logging on with the same ID as always. Never mind...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ariel,

about all I can suggest is to have JC look into it.  He's a little busy with the forum software issue right now though, so I'm not sure how quickly you will get a response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I'll PM him (presuming there's a way of doing so, I haven't checked) later.

Thanks.

Ariel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it happens to many of us - I also have been around much longer than the indicated Oct. 2008...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwillener wrote:

I also have been around much longer than the indicated Oct. 2008...

Yup.I think my date came from the last time they tried to switch to a new forum. I "think" I've been here since around '99' or '00'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two logins (that I can remember), one from 2002 and this one from 2006. But I actually started posting to the newsgroups in the 20th century and wasn't even aware of the Web forums until later. I didn't use the Web forums beyond logging in to see what the poster was trying to say that didn't translate to the newsgroups - typically code.

But I don't really care what it says there for anybody. I judge a post's usefulness by its content, not by the user's points or longevity (endurance in this system).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same and only user ID since 2002, no other log-in methods ever.  I have the number of posts and date joined, as well as the red blobs, blocked for all users, including myself, but last time I checked it was showing an arbitraty date for me of 2006 as it does for many others.

I think the botched changeover a couple of years ago messed up the join date for everybody who had joined before that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I joined, when I started using Acrobat 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

A day that will go down in infamy, history, flames. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

PjonesCET wrote:

A day that will go down in infamy, history, flames. 

You know the old saying about Stickes and Stones .....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 29, 2009 Apr 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philip...

You really should check your spellings...

BTW, where's the spellchecker?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jhabrix wrote:

Philip...

He could do with some checking of his facts now and then as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jhabrix wrote:

Philip...

BTW, where's the spell checker?

its the little abc with pencil eraser shown if you in HTML mode, and It doesn't work.  If you engage it jumbles letters and words around. you have to click on it two or three time to turn it off. I have gone to trying to use the spell check in SeaMonkey in plain text mode.

SeaMonkeypicture001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

its the little abc with pencil eraser shown if you in HTML mode

SeaMonkeypicture001.jpg

"Pencil eraser" ???  How would a thick check mark resemble a "pencil eraser"?  You're overdue for an eye exam, PjonesCET. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm it is a checkmark. my bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arîel, and others,

You may have a look at this related thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/421332?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Okay, who wants the points?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dunno. Who's the prettiest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath, you know you are. Here, have some points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give them to Kiusua or whatever.... aka roddy :smile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines