• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any recent change? Logged out many times a day

LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2009 Dec 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting today at some indeterminate time, I have been logged out of the forums in less that one hour periods. Firefox/Mac, Safari/Vista, Explorer/Vista.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2009 Dec 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Yours is an odd case. If you could just find

out what is doing the auto log out.

Wish I could think of something for you to check

Yes, Phillip, it is an odd case but, if I understand them correctly, it's also affecting at least Dave and Pat. Not counting Jochem's kind explanation and their reports, you are the only one who has given any sign of trying to help, for which I thank you.

This seems indeed to be an extremely low priority case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2009 Dec 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My case is even more mysterious; as of today, I am no

longer getting logged out (Windows 2000, Firefox 3.5.6).

Either someone has changed (fixed) something, or my

computer's behaviour has changed.

(But I just checked - still no adobe.com cookies anywhere.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2009 Dec 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have to log in

today? I am asking because I have just switched on my Mac, and I had to log in

; but it's too early to know if there is any change.

All extra linefeeds kindly provided by the software (this time in Firefox/Mac).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck. I have just restarted Firefox, and

had to log in for coming back. Si, if there

was any change made, it did not affect me.

All extra linefeeds kindly provided by the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's a thought for FireFox.

What do you have setup for Clear Private Data.  And do you clear your history?? if you do you could be wiping your cookies out:

Firefoxpicture001.png Firefoxpicture002.png

Firefoxpicture003.png Firefoxpicture004.png

I don't use this although Its in SeaMonkey as well.  Notice on privacy panel you can set to automatically clear when leaving FireFox. unless you want to login in every time the you must leave this unchecked. Don't know if IE has similar settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, if one is in the forums, or even in adobe.com, one must have some Adobe cookies, even if completely deleted before going in. At least, this is what I have observed in my three browsers. This is why I find Pat's remark disconcerting..., or I am misunderstanding him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I you might be. as well as I.

If you clear out all the adobe.com cookies and all the forums.adobe .com cookies unless you actually log into Adobe.com you will not see any adobe.com cookies. They are created the the first time your logged in to adobe.com.

The reason for the removal of all is so that as in the past when adobe switched around the forums (trying to add the macromedia bunch to webx) it invariably would mung the cookies.  In the transition its almost a sure thing that the old cookies were munged. So the best it to start over with a clean slate.

Anytime you remove cookies from a browser those cookies are gone for good, until you sign in the first time when they should be regenerated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but as I said and you confirm, once you log in, you get them whether you want them or not. And if you delete them while you are in, you will get them back immediately after removing them; you can only get rid of them if you delete them while you are not in the forums.

I have also observed that logging out, on purpose or automatically, does not delete the cookies. Or at least, not all of them. It is for all these reasons that I find it strange that Pat says he is not getting any Adobe cookies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't have any until you go to adobe.com an

d sign in.

Its two sets of cookies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwillener wrote:

(But I just checked - still no adobe.com cookies anywhere.)

Pat, are you absolutely sure that you don't have any Adobe cookies anywhere in Firefox? I ask because I do have them in Firefox/Mac. Just in case, Phillip posted here 136. detailed instructions for Firefox, and I would like to ask you to look again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a report of another case of the automatic log out: 141.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2009 Dec 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I think I am fixed - thank you Claudio and Philip!

I have always used CCleaner to control cookies, and no 'adobe.com' cookies showed up in there at all.

The cookies must have been corrupted, as they did show in Firefox (dozens and dozens of them).  I deleted them all from Firefox, recycled FF, and logged in again.  Recycled FF again, and I am still logged in.  Also, the 'adobe.com' and 'forums.adobe.com' cookies now show in CCleaner (now exempt from CCleaner deletion).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwillener wrote:

OK, I think I am fixed - thank you Claudio and Philip!

I have always used CCleaner to control cookies, and no 'adobe.com' cookies showed up in there at all.

The cookies must have been corrupted, as they did show in Firefox (dozens and dozens of them).  I deleted them all from Firefox, recycled FF, and logged in again.  Recycled FF again, and I am still logged in.  Also, the 'adobe.com' and 'forums.adobe.com' cookies now show in CCleaner (now exempt from CCleaner deletion).

Pat, I am glad you finally solved your problem. Unfortunately, I haven't solved mine yet, but keep on trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

If the issue has now been reduced to your having to log in at every browser start, as I understand from post #23, there may be a solution at least for FF under Enabling and disabling cookies (Help term): cookies are kept until expiring by default, which I have, but there is the option of only keeping them until closing FF. I believe this possibility has not been mentioned before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, you are right, it seems I have reduced my problem to have to log in every time I start a browser. Thanks for your advise; I'll try following it as soon as I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For everyones benefit including Claudio.

here is screen shot of that hidden settings for the

Cookies in FF. Note I am using Mac for pc peop

le  the cosmetics may be different

(linebreaks provided by Adobe.foums)

Firefoxpicture001.png Firefoxpicture002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Phillip!

On WIndows you go to this panel from Firefox | Tools | Options | tab Privacy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2009 Dec 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jacob and Phillip. Now that I had the time to check your suggestion, I saw/remembered that I have had the "keep until expired" option for cookies selected in all my browsers since long before the implementation of the trial version of these forum. So I have to keep on looking for the cause of my problem. Unfortunately, I cannot devote much time to this investigation, so I will have to be patient. And more systematic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2009 Dec 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In spite of following all the required/suggested precautions before logging in these forums, today I have been logged out in all three browsers after just a few hours of inactivity, and less than 12 hours after logging in. Before anyone asks, I have NOT been in the forums in more than one browser at a time.

I am beginning to think that my problem may be related with my two identities. I say this because, when I first log in after logging out (just an extra precaution), deleting cookies, and restarting browser, the Adobe ID box in the login window is blank. However, if I just re-log in (as I have just done to post this message), the box shows my email address which, to the best of my knowledge and as I have said several times, I have NEVER used as my Adobe ID. Not even on a temporary basis.

I therefore have a question (for JC). As said, my present ID is not my email address. Would the system allow me to change this ID to a different one (but still not an email address), and then back to my present one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 20, 2009 Dec 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I am going to ask a really stupid question.

Why is it, you do not wish to use an email address with the ID you want to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2009 Dec 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Claudio,

I am going to ask a really stupid question.

Why is it, you do not wish to use an email address with the ID you want to use?

Phillip, for a very stupid reason. In spite of JC assuring us that such is not the case, I cannot help feeling that using an email address as one's Adobe ID can lead to trouble at the time one needs to change that address. Same as you did, by the way; we have already posted about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem stems from Not knowing Adobe would do a Hostile takeover of Macromedia I used the same email and username  for both. So in order to keep the proper ID I use my email address if I use the  username I sign in to the old Macromedia account. so I figure if you use your email then you will be signed in with your proper id and will stay in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious as to why you refer to Adobe's purchase of Macromedia as a "hostile takeover". Is there a document somewhere that describes this?

The terms used conjure images of hired guns invading a building and demanding assets. LOL

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no inkling that the takeover was even in the w

orks until it was announced ZDnet, cNet, and Co

mputerworld. just a few weeks before the event. It was described as a Takeover.  Even the employees that were on the forums at the time,didn't want it, as

well as the customers of Macromedia and all were very unhappy. Apparently the only ones interested in the Deal was the investors and BOD's. The sole reason for the take over was Flash and DreamWeaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2009 Dec 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

As a user of programs from each camp, things were nice for me.

Now, Adobe has purchased other software companies, whose products I used, and then let them die. FontMinder was a good example of this. Adobe was going to roll FontMinder into ATM, but did not. Then, they killed ATM development. That was a loss, but over time, mergers and acquisitions have worked beautifully (think Adobe acquiring Aldus, way back when), but also think Novell acquiring WordPerfect, and then Corel taking it from them. Gosh, I loved the old WordPerfect days, when they were in Orem, UT, USA. They had the paradigm of customer/technical support. No other company has come close. Oh well, things change.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines