• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anybody else see a hiccuping page load?

Contributor ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often, I'll navigate to one of the forums' thread index pages, and while it slowly loads I'll be scanning the topic list. As I do this, it's a habit for me to begin scrolling down (with my mouse wheel, natch) to continue scanning the threads below the bottom threshhold of my browser window's display.

Quite often when I do that, the page moves up as expected, but all of the content in the "Discussions" wrapper disappears until the loading process catches up. That means I have to wait even longer to get a look at that stuff lower on the page.

This is another thing that slows down the process of getting in and getting things done quickly.

Anybody else seeing this?

Here's what it looks like when it happens:

Picture hosted by Pixentral

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not yet, but thanks for giving my computer ideas. Now it will want to do it also.

I had another glitch this morning (I tried to post it then, but this unbreakable software farted and then kicked me out instead of posting it.)

I was in the Web Design forum and tried to go into the Print Design forum, via breadcrumbs, and got a message at the top of the page saying that I could view these messages, but would not be allowed to post in them. Except there were no messages. I was still logged in, with my handsome picture up in the upper left corner, so that isn't the reason.

It had happened a couple times before, but always when going from the Lounge to the PS forum. I assumed it was some hocus that was to keep the innocents out of the forum, like the old system, where you had to be signed in to see the forum links. But when it happened between two legitimate forums, I realized it was a bug.

Don

Edit: And I can say farted in here, but not frig gen or buc ket.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines