Highlighted

Approving content more important than fixing forums!

Mentor ,
Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I started the Zeno Bokor is not a good Host. thread that is now locked and has worked its way off the front page of the Forum forum, I keep getting Reported Abuse emails. No one has the time to fix this mess but they have plenty of time to send out these stupid emails even after a couple of months has gone by. Maybe we need to start reporting abuse on random posts though out the forum. I wonder how long before this thread gets locked and/or reported as abuse?

I just got this one today July 23:

Your Adobe Forums content has been approved

[contentd edited by host]

Message was edited by: Michael Kazlow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Approving content more important than fixing forums!

Mentor ,
Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I started the Zeno Bokor is not a good Host. thread that is now locked and has worked its way off the front page of the Forum forum, I keep getting Reported Abuse emails. No one has the time to fix this mess but they have plenty of time to send out these stupid emails even after a couple of months has gone by. Maybe we need to start reporting abuse on random posts though out the forum. I wonder how long before this thread gets locked and/or reported as abuse?

I just got this one today July 23:

Your Adobe Forums content has been approved

[contentd edited by host]

Message was edited by: Michael Kazlow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 23, 2009 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe we need to start reporting abuse on random posts though out the forum. I wonder how long before this thread gets locked and/or reported as abuse?

Well, it's not been locked, but it's been edited! Cool, eh?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko,

As you have noted in the past, the Jive forum software is not the most intelligently designed. The abuse moderation part of the software has no method of handling abuse reports other than accepting or rejecting. When posts have been edited or removed from sight, they still remain in the abuse moderation queue. In an attempt at house cleaning, the threads were massively aceppted in an attempt to clear out the queue. This generated a torrent of emails. There is no way to stop the autmatically generated email when a post is accepted or rejected. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused. Hopefully, the abuse moderation software will be redesigned in future versions of the software.

Mike

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MikeKazlow wrote:

Hopefully, the abuse moderation software will be redesigned in future versions of the software.

Mike

Maybe pigs will fly out of my arse!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2009 0
Enthusiast ,
Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

MikeKazlow wrote:

Hopefully, the abuse moderation software will be redesigned in future versions of the software.

Mike

Maybe pigs will fly out of my arse!

i like monkeys...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

i like monkeys...

Maybe monkeys will fly out of my arse!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2009 0
Guide ,
Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AAAAAA_censorship_schizophrenia.jpg

What I find amusing is the manifest schizophrenia and the slowness of the response.

The list of received emails shown above—I may have deleted quite a few—contains three (3) notices of content removal, all of which (3) were subsequently (that means later, PJ ) the subject of notice of content approvals.  Among those three was one hurled at one Magyar kutya and which I had clearly and unambiguously expected to be deleted/censored within minutes; but it lasted over a month and half before the notice of content removal, which in turn was followed by a notice of content approval about a week later.

We'll see what happens to this post.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I've said folks might think I am little bit above a Turnip. But I do know what subsequently means.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2009 0
Guide ,
Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just kidding, PJ.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang! You guys (and gals) must hang out in some confrontational fora!

Glad that I just spend time in Premiere, Photoshop and Audition.

Hunt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2009 0
Guide ,
Jul 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

Most of those messages listed stem from posts in the Photoshop Macintosh forum.  The rest from this Forum Comments forum.

Premiere and Audition I wouldn't know if I tripped over them (whatever they are).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of those messages listed stem from posts in the Photoshop Macintosh forum

I've heard similar before, though mainly in the PS PC forum. I just assumed it was a case of PC-users finding something bad to say about Mac-users, but maybe there was truth to the rumors?

I think that I will stay clear, and thanks for the warning,

Hunt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2009 0
Enthusiast ,
Jul 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but maybe there was truth to the rumors?

the rumors that pcs rule and macs drool? yes, sadly. true.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So tell me, what is your favourite tipple?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Jul 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

Hunt

Yes, and this is the most confrontational of them all.  YOU SUCK!  hehe (j/k, j/k)

I think it's because people let off steam here mainly about these CRAP forums.

As far as the abuse report issues being fixed -- yes I do believe they will be fixed eventually.  Just like eventually Adobe will have to pull this crap jived up excuse for software off their servers, and install something that works.  I predict these two events will occur at the same time..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Jul 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

Here let me fix that for you.

The rumors that Macs rule and PCs drool? yes, sadly. true. There you go.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2009 0
Engaged ,
Jul 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Just like eventually Adobe will have to pull this crap jived up excuse for software off their servers, and install something that works.

Doesn't look likely in the near feature... unless someone has a hotline to the Chief Honcho....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Jul 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

dave milbut wrote:

Mac vs PC war!  Mac vs PC war!

You Mac people are such kool-aid drinkers!  It's just a fad!  Apple is all marketing and no skill!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Jul 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote:

Ansury wrote:

Just like eventually Adobe will have to pull this crap jived up excuse for software off their servers, and install something that works.

Doesn't look likely in the near feature... unless someone has a hotline to the Chief Honcho....

Realistically we're probably stuck with this crap for at least a year or two, at best. That's okay, if Adobe's cool with less free support from it's users, I'm cool with more free time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Jul 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Buko. wrote:

dave milbut wrote:

You Mac people are such kool-aid drinkers!  It's just a fad!  Apple is all marketing and no skill!

I am a Mac User, but, I don't care what type of Computer a person uses. They can use a Radio Shack Color Computer 2 or a Commodore 64. As longas it get the job done for the user of the machine. And statified with the system used and how it works.

Now would I take an opportunity to hawk the advantage of the Macintosh experience and try to sway people to switch. Sure I am no dummy. But that doesn't mean I hate PC users. I don't always gret receprocal feeling s from PC users. Its PC or Nothing. There are plent of systems out there. all have there strengths and weaknesses.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Jul 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Mighty Long fad for Apple to have been around since  before 1983. And the First Mac (the Fat Mac and the Mac 512k to come out around 1984) I bought my First Mac a SE/30 in 1986 when it first came out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on children, that's enough!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2009 0
Mentor ,
Jul 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Mr. 3 meatballs

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Jul 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol.

By the way, I think your thread title has an error in it.

It should read:

Adobe executive's pay raise more important than fixing forums!

(Hey somebody up there must have made the big decision to get another accomplishment in their record..)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2009 0
dec9 LATEST
Guru ,
Jul 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corner office!!

Ansury wrote:

lol.

By the way, I think your thread title has an error in it.

It should read:

Adobe executive's pay raise more important than fixing forums!

(Hey somebody up there must have made the big decision to get another accomplishment in their record..)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko,

Maybe it's the particular fora that I frequent, or that my posts are so very benign, that no one has edited them - probably so bored, that they can no longer type?

I have not seen such.

In my frequent fora, about the only ones that have been locked are FAQ's (understandably), and one, or two, where older posts (zombies) were tagged onto with "I hate Adobe" posts. In each of those situations, the MOD's respectfully asked that the posters move to the Lounge to carry on their rants.

What has been the general topic of those posts?

Just curious.

Hunt

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2009 0
Enthusiast ,
Jul 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it may seem like magic sometimes, but it's not. it's too easy!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2009 0