• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are FAQs lost, or can they be floated again?

Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that the FAQs are not pinned anymore at the top of the discussions. I guess it is only due to the transition period, and that we'll see them again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FAQs are there.  Look at the sidebar on the right-hand column of the Photoshop Macintosh forum as an example, Pierre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, I see them there, but not in the ACR forum. I wonder who I should contact, Ian or John?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some hosts have more time and ideas.. There are different methods for distributing faqs available. We are all getting used to our new diggs.  Give us some time. Updated Faqs will reappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about missing forums?  The Adobe Audition forums included separate discussion sections for various versions of Audition and Cool Edit.  Now, the only remaining Audition forum is the one that was tied to version 3.0.  The older forums also covered a lot of techniques, discussion about audio, and tips and hints related to the software which were: A) of use to people using those older versions of the software; and B) of use to people using any version of the software, since many of the discussions were not version-specific.

Why would a valuable reference in the form of discussions going back years be removed like this?  The removed forums also inluded many FAQs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it would seem that, very unfortunately, our BigJohn has managed to lose the PageMaker FAQs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2009 Apr 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, is there anything that can be made to recover them? They were extremely comprensive and useful...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

So, is there anything that can be made to recover them? They were extremely comprensive and useful...

well, they could roll back to the old forums...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how do you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

over night they could turn off the switch on these abominations and flip the switch back on on the webx servers. then they redirect the urls and BLAMMO, everything should be back to where it was the friday night they took 'er down. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very funny, but as helpful as the Jive people watching things during the Adobe vacation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice thought! But chances are of that happening,would be Slim and None. And Slim left town last week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Well, it would seem that, very unfortunately, our BigJohn has managed to lose the PageMaker FAQs...

Yup, well lost.

No doubt they'll turn up, but the only one referred to over the last couple of years was "use your PM Licence to get a discounted copy of InD before Adobe catch on to what wonderful value it is"

Oops!!

Iechyd da! John
02:14 14/04/2009 BST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My whole point was (and is), can they be recovered? I am, and I think John D also is, looking for genuine help, not witty comments. This is a specially important question considering that PageMaker is officially a dead product, and the number of regulars willing to answer questions about it has been constantly decreasing for this very reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed too that I do not have any editing abilities in that thread, I was helping Ian maintain it.

I was able to find the thread, and posted to float it, and also because I am not sure if there is an expiration date in this new forum.

I do not know who has the right to stick it to the side, so that it is readily available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PECourtejoie wrote:

I noticed too that I do not have any editing abilities in that thread, I was helping Ian maintain it.

I was able to find the thread, and posted to float it, and also because I am not sure if there is an expiration date in this new forum.

I do not know who has the right to stick it to the side, so that it is readily available.

People who worked on them in the past will have a chance to do so again. Hang tight for now.

There are no expiration dates set anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry claudio. my comment wasn't made to be especially witty. i'm genuinly hoping they'll give up on this slop and roll back... in the meantime, i would guess that they have all the backups and data from the webx system sitting around somewhere. whether they can get at it or not is the question that needs to be answered.

good luck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines