• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are online shops screened by Adobe?

Participant ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if there is some kind of screening of vendors who offers Adobe Products. I found shops with prices that are unbelievable low. Why would someone pay $1899 for Suite if it`s available for as low as $898 (VMShops), $1,099 (Amazon third party vendor), ComuterSoftwarePlus.com (The same Suite, but 3 different prices $989, $1,279 & $1,398).I hope, I`m not doing wrong by giving URLs here. I`d rather be sure that people don`t get screwed and better buy from approved vendors.I cannot say anything about above shops as I have never dealt with them. I found on PriceGrabber. If somene can shade some light on this. Adobe Team, please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a member of the Adobe team, but I learned many decades ago to carefully avoid any software offer that looks too good to be true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. However what makes me wonder, that they have a lot of these on the website and I couldn`t find anywhere, anything wrong while searching for buyer reviews. Besides, not all of their prices are so low.  I found on January this year that Amazon itself lowered prices to $899 for Suite Web Premium CS5.5. They had only 15 in stock and it was full version. When I checked Amazon next day morning, all was gone and price was back to $1500. In order to sell for such low price, vendor must either have super good deal with Adobe or purchase hundreds of boxes in one go. No idea though, just my 2 cents. This is why I would like to hear someone`s opinion from Adobe, honest one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

I'm not a member of the Adobe team, but I learned many decades ago to carefully avoid any software offer that looks too good to be true.

It is not the "offer that looks too good to be true" to avoid but the retailer you have not heard of.  I always look foir bargains but my first point of call is Amazon.  If, at all, I have seen a better offer somewhere else, I make a point of bringing this to the attention of Amazon to see if they can match it or better it for me.  Keep a link of Retailers who are selling cheap products so that you can paste it in your message to amazon.  On Amazon page of the product, you should look for something like this in this picture (click on it to magnify it):

2012-11-13_1513.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I didn`t know it exists 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has has a page to report piracy http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/antipiracy/reportform.html

I have never made such a report, but I will **guess** you could report a vendor you suspect of selling pirated programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. The link brings me to Error page. Anyway, in order to report one need to have a proof. Without buying and losing money it would be difficult 😕

I think third parties on Amazon with over 35 positive reviews have legit software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think third parties on Amazon with over 35 positive reviews have legit software.

Unless the resellers provided those positve reviews...

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly, this what can happen too. I think better pay more, but have from approved venfors, than pay twice or more for greedness

Below is exact copy of email I received from one of shops. Take into account that there is no name of responder at the end.

I didn`t delete anything. It is as it came.

Hello Adam,

Our software are genuine and as you have already seen some of the reviews, you will know that we deliver what we promise.

We guarantee our products so if there are any issues we take care of it.

You will  receive support from adobe for the adobe products purchased.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines