• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are the [expletive deleted] at Adobe doing anything to improve this forum?

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2014 Apr 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were informed some time back by an Adobe representative that frequents this forum that he would look into why we keep having to login each time we revist the forum.

Although we have this 'tick to remember your details' box on the login page it never works. Now I am finding when I login I then get logged out for no reason but still says I'm logged in.

I keep getting an 'internal server error' jump up on my screen.

This forum software is complete [expletive deleted] Either supply your customers with something reliable and user-friendly that actually works of get rid of it completely - bunch of [expletives deleted].

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We know why it's not working - the cookies being set by the single-sign-in process are not being handled correctly. If one of them expires, the system (correctly) logs you out for security reasons.

There is a team within Adobe working on the code, but that is all anyone can say about it in these public areas. It is not being ignored but there is no announced timeline for the next version.

As an MVP you have private routes to discuss this in more detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We know why it's not working - the cookies being set by the single-sign-in process are not being handled correctly.

So...get rid of the so called single-sign-in process.  It doesn't work anyway.  (Meaning that if I'm already signed into the forums, I still have to sign in to other areas.)

Instead of trying to fix what clearly doesn't work, just undo that and return to what did work.  If it ever get's fixed, then it can be tried again.

Simple. Solved.  Now...JDI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

Instead of trying to fix what clearly doesn't work, just undo that and return to what did work.  If it ever get's fixed, then it can be tried again.

You mean to say that the signing process for these forums should be completely separate from signing process from Adobe's main website where credit cards and personal info are held?

If so then you have my support here.  These forums are managed by Jive and so it must be a security nightmare for them to have access to people's personal data including credit cards and bank info!!!

These are forums and there is no need to have anymore stringent security than e-mail verification first time when somebody registers before posting anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that long period when we were naively contributing ideas for the upcoming new version of the forums, I insisted many times on the idea of keeping the login process to the forums separate from that of the Adobe site, for the same obvious reasons given now. Unfortunately, it seems that Adobe insisted on the idea of uniforming everything in their sites, including the forums. Like so very many other ideas suggested at the time, it was simply ignored at the beginning of the Jive era.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2014 Apr 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JIve absolutely DOES NOT have access you your AdobeID account. That's why the SSI process is complicated - you sign in on the secure adobe.com server, then your verified session is passed over to Jive's network using a chain of session cookies. All Jive can see is your userID, name and email address (the stuff shown in your forums profile) - not your password, bank info, etc.

mytaxsite.co.uk wrote:

These forums are managed by Jive and so it must be a security nightmare for them to have access to people's personal data including credit cards and bank info!!!

Adobe made a policy decision that all services will be accessed via AdobeIDs - that goes for websites, SaaS subscriptions and product activations. It's done for perfectly valid reasons - for example if a customer asks a question in the forum about a purchase, Customer Care can immediately pull up the order history as they can search for the forum user's email address (which is unique to an AdobeID, so the forum user must be the same person). Since we switched to AdobeID logins, hundreds of people have been helped this way with activations, lost serials, etc. so it's not going to change back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

osgood_ wrote:

We were informed some time back by an Adobe representative that frequents this forum that he would look into why we keep having to login each time we revist the forum.

That was in early December (2013), if I remember correctly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is starting to annoy the cr@p out of me, now.  This morning I was, again, denied being able to just click the sign in link and go.  Forced to enter login & pw, but I started too soon; as soon as I was halfway done typing my password, the form RESET ITSELF.

WTF?  Why is it doing THAT?  Seems very counter-productive.

But, I'm sure Adobe won't do anything to actually fix it, because they know that these forums are the best resource for getting help with their product.

Hopefully, someone else who actually cares will start an Adobe forum that isn't frought with this issue.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure Adobe won't do anything to actually fix it,

Not quite. Things will improve dramatically when the upgrades of these

forums are completed in 48 to 72 hours time. In the meantime, users

will experience some downtime after 6PM PT. for about 30 hours. Keep

our fingers crossed this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mytaxsite.co.uk wrote:

Things will improve dramatically when the upgrades of these

forums are completed in 48 to 72 hours time.

That won't change anything regarding the sign-in issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mytaxsite.co.uk wrote:

Things will improve dramatically when the upgrades of these

forums are completed in 48 to 72 hours time.

Always the optimist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines