• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Advocate ,
May 09, 2009 May 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hasn't the scheduled time for the forum update been and gone? I see no breadcrumbs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , May 09, 2009 May 09, 2009

Kath-H wrote:

I see no breadcrumbs

I see them and love them already.  Very useful.   One major irritant is gone.

Thank you John!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They kind of ease their way on to the pages.

I was wondering at first!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see them, and hate them because i can't remove them I'm probably the only one around here who doesn't go "back to where i came" when i finnished with a thread, i just close it's tab. Oh, and the placement of the bottom breadcrumbs is IMHO off, they're too distant from the last post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

i see them, and hate them because i can't remove them

Why not?

AAAA_Bottom_breadcrumbs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

finaly got it. It wasn't about selecting them but about distinguishing between the upper ones and the lower ones as i wanted to retain the upper breadcrumbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But why on Earth would any sane person want to hide our hard-fought bottom breadcrumbs?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can almost hear JC or his team saying 'I give up! there's no bloody pleasing some people!'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because i don't use them I browse with 5+ tabs open. From my forums homepage i open in a new tab for each of the threads that interest me and when i'm done with them i close them because i can't go back to my homepage from there and even if i could i wouldn't do it as i always keep a tab with my homepage open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that you don't use them, but how in the world do the breadcrumbs all the way on the bottom of the screen bother you? It's not like you need to scroll past them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's because i removed the footer and everything down under and having that line of text is distracting, it stands out too much

n.png

w.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the idea. I like the breadcrumbs, but never use 'Go to/Reply to orginal post'. This version will hide those links and raise the breadcrumbs.

/****************************************************/
/*** Adobe Jive Forums - Raise Footer Breadcrumbs ***/
/*** and Hide 'Go to/Reply to original post'      ***/
@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);
@-moz-document domain("forums.adobe.com") {
  /* Raise the breadcrumbs */
  .jive-thread-messages {
    margin: 0 !important;
  }
  /* HIDE the 'Go to/Reply to original post' */
  #jive-thread-reply-footer {
    display:none !important;
  }
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried the "Go to ..." went to first message. Scanned down and was able to see the bottom Bread crumbs when I got to the end.

Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried the "Go to ..." went to first message. Scanned down and was able to see the bottom Bread crumbs when I got to the end.

Am I missing something?

Apparently. Nothing I've posted will hide the footer bread crumbs - nor have I stated anything like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

because i don't use them I browse with 5+ tabs open. From my forums homepage i open in a new tab for each of the threads that interest me and when i'm done with them i close them because i can't go back to my homepage from there and even if i could i wouldn't do it as i always keep a tab with my homepage open

Likewise.... as soon as i log on, i open three / forums i'm interested in – in new tabs. Then, go to one of them and open the threads i'm interested in, again in new tabs... close each tab as i'm done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very happy with the latest improvements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The un-necessary white space and tiny font make the breadcrumbs (how I dislike that silly term!) easily to miss or to forget.

Better than nothing though.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

...the breadcrumbs (how I dislike that silly term!)

Still, none of the new-fangled portmanteau words are as bad as...WEBINAR!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ha! I see them now, they were just further down than I expected. Very good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be premature since the footer breadcrumbs are still in swaddling clothes, but if you are using the Stylish add-on, create this new style:

/*** Adobe Jive Forums - Raise Footer Breadcrumbs ***/
@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);
@-moz-document domain("forums.adobe.com") {
  /* Raise the breadcrumbs */
  .jive-thread-messages {
  }
  /* Raise the 'Go to original/Reply to original post' */
  #jive-thread-reply-footer {
    margin-top: 0 !important;
  }
}

Eric @ MCA: Feel free to add it to your heavyboots collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks great for me!

Finally Threading works.

I just went through threads that would normally take a half hour to get throuh in less than two minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Mark, for another welcome enhancement to the forum experience.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They could have put that on same line except on left side as the "Go to original message", and reduce about 3-4 lines of white space. But other than that I see no problem with it I can live with  just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite welcome, Ramón

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you could whip up a plonking script (sort of an adaptation of dave's afplonk!) during a coffee break, Mark. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you could whip up a plonking script (sort of an adaptation of dave's afplonk!) during a coffee break, Mark. 

I am very much interested in such a script (remember that I'm an NNTP fan where it is a simple keystroke in nearly all newsreaders).

This would require JavaScript instead of CSS and JavaScript is not one of my strengths. And the last time I looked at that part of the code, I saw a variable named foo. Foo is typically used by developers for a program still in progress - or in testing - and is not usually used in production code. I decided to wait until their next upgrade before messing with it.

I might take another look some time before that release, but no promises.

Dave?

Eric @ MCA?

Anybody?

Message was edited by: Mark A. Boyd: added more invites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines