• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ask for Adobe Software Version and Mac or Windows in ALL Questions

Engaged ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize that the Jive technology can't ask users to answer questions before they post, but it would be MASSIVELY helpful (and hopefully simple) to add some text above (or below) Start a Discussion to this effect:

* Please include your Adobe software version and platform (Mac or Windows) in the description. Help is more accurate when we know that up front.

Sample implementation screen shot below. (I added the text under the checkbox to mark discussion as a question.) This would eliminate TONS of [daily] back and forth — between people asking vague questions, and those of us trying to help (with little to no info.) Posters may not do it, but at least we are asking when they create the question. This would avoid moderators needing to immediately ask "What version and what operating system?" before we can suggest a fix.

Yesterday I tracked 19 posts that I answered, replied to, or read. Only 5 out of 19 mentioned the Adobe software version or computer platform. Of those 5, only 3 mentioned both.

forum_post_text.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree! In some cases, like Acrobat DC, the type of licenses they have, subscription or perpetual, would be helpful too. It's amazing users don't include this basic info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering the number of messages I move every week, I am sometimes amazed that someone new to the forums is able to post in the correct forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed, John, agreed. It would just save us a TON of time in "back-and-forth" to know that (once they are in the right forum).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines