Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

August 11 2020 Community Release Notes

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The Adobe Support Community has released enhancements and bug fixes today as mentioned below. In this release, we have enabled the capability for all users to change their screen names via "My Profile" setting, enhanced and streamlined sign-up experience for new users, consolidated the "Community Help" board and "Community Feedback" board into a new board called "Using the Community", and split the Stock board into two (Stock and Stock Contributors). We have also added links at prominent locations pointing to Creative Cloud on the web on both Community and Conversation pages, providing an easy way for users to find the apps they subscribe to.

Enhancements:

Community Account Management

• Signed-in users now have an option to change their own screen names on the Community.
    • How to change your screen name? Click the user avatar on the header banner => select "My Profile" from the drop down => Click the edit icon on the top right corner of your current screen name => Enter your new name and submit!
    • Your new name will be reflected on the Community and applied to all your past and future activities on the site. 
  • For new users, we have eliminated the screen name registration page from the sign-up process by assigning users with an auto-generated screen name. New users will have the opportunity to change their names through "My Profile" or at multiple touch points throughout the experience.

Stock Board (English Community)

• Existing Stock board is split into two separate boards (Stock and Stock Contributors) so that they're better supported by different teams.

Community Enhancements

• Implementation to include link to Creative Cloud on the web > Apps in prominent location on Community. This will help users who are having trouble discovering where to download their apps from, when they land on the Community and want an easy and recognizable way to find the apps they have as part of their plan.
  • Remove Translate button from conversation card previews on Community pages. Currently, we see no usage of the translate button for the conversation card previews on the Community page. The translate button still exists on the Conversation page level.
  • Merge Community Feedback and Community Help boards as "Using the Community".  This will help users locate the appropriate board to post their questions, and come to a centralized place to post any "Community" related topics, questions or feedback.

Bugs Fixed:

• Getting error message in the conversation page for signed out users when the conversation is locked
  • Reply emails should include thread subject not the first line of reply

Best,

Tina

Product Manager, Community & Social

TOPICS
Release Notes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Glad to see the profile name fixed.

2. No use on the translate? I use it frequently to see if I should go into the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tina,

I agree with Lin about the Translate button:

I have used it every day for all threads in non English languages, and for each and every thread in the Japanese forums I visit, unless I could recognize some abbreviations/term(s) that showed me to skip it, or see that I had taken part previously; now I have to go into all those threads just to see.

Or give up on non English threads, and give up on the Japanese forums.

I fail to see how that can be an enhancement.

Please unenhance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Both,

Thanks for providing your feedback on the translation button. It is interesting to learn that you both are actively using it to screen out the content on the board level.

In the Japanese forum case, I am curious to learn more about what you will do there - as an English user, are you actively participating in the Japanese forum, in English or Japanese?

In regards to the translation button in the English forum, I will take this feedback back and investigate with the team. The inital decision was made based on the minimal usage of this feature. Will keep you posted on what we find out.

Best,

Tina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tina,

My guess is that quite a few other helpers are also using the Translate button as an important time saver tool, whereas it is of little relevance to asking questions, which may account for a low overall use. Thank you for your keeping us posted about it.

The Japanese case started with my taking part in this, eventually bilingually,

Re: Useless the Community because of language barr... - Page 4 - Adobe Support Community 

followed up by these bilingual ones,

Suggestions for easier forum work フォーラムの作業を簡単にするため... - Adobe Support Community - 10772878 

Help for our Japanese friends 日本人の友達を助ける - Adobe Support Community 

further followed up in the general forums, and by my trying to also answer Japanese questions in my native forum.

With the happy return of the Japanese forums I have tried to still take part at a lower level, following certain (kinds of) subjects/forums, now posting in hopeful Japanese (attempts).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LIke the others, I have used the translate function from the main board a lot. On the Premiere Pro forum, there are a fair number of questions that are Spanish, French, German, or Portugese say ... let alone the various Asian languages.

LIke so many ACPs, I have my "specialities" within my app/s, and respond to questions primarily in those areas. Without that translate, I have to go to the question now before finding out if I'm interested in going to the question.

Very annoying.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This, precisely. Just because it's a feature being used by a small number of people, doesn't mean it isn't necessary for it to be there. I'm willing to bet that most of the use is from ACPs and MVPs who are actively trying to assist users. Removing that translation capability increases the amount of time it takes just to figure out if the question is even something we can assist with, making it less likely that a lot of us will try to. The time adds up, and it lessens the amount of time we can spend actually helping out.

If I may suggest, it would be a good idea not to depend on raw numbers for things like this. You need to look at how it's being used, and by whom, before removing a feature. Better yet, pop into the Back Room or ACP communities and ask. The answers may surprise you, as they apparently have here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for the comments. 

Jsut want to provide an update. We have learned that there was a data glitch in our system that the usage of this feature was actually not minimal. This was a miss on our end, and we apologize for the inconvenience. And I am happy to announce that we are bringing the Translation button back in the up-coming release. Stay tuned! 

Best,

Tina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it. So ... when's the next update? 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, Tina.

It will be a great relief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, Tina.

I have just spotted the translations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines