Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2010 Nov 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response to many help I had on the forum I changed my avatar to a photo of myself to be less anonymous as I feel indebted to those who spent time for me. However after three weeks I'm more anonymous than ever! Perhaps this will prompt a fix. I designed my photo via Ph Shop to meet the upload requirement. Isn't this funny, someone told me that you can upload to Face Book in full format from your digital camera.If this is true I wonder why the Avatar is not able to function the same way?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2010 Nov 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michelmnr,

You did change your current image in the Edit forums profile page under yourself (topmost Action to the right)?

Hopefully, the note there does not imply more than three weeks (Please note, any uploaded profile picture will need to be approved by a moderator before it is applied).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2010 Nov 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see a photo of myself in my profile, larger that the avatar and on the left not the right. I had this for a long time. As for my new photo for a new avatar It's still not showing up!

I'm re editing this and get a html text, for the first time? All I wanted to add is that I just checked "the last Action" on the left "change avatar" and the new photo I want to show is amongst all the other avatars with the word "delete" under it as was the one I have replaced (a touched up pre-defined avatar)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click the Change Avatar button, I get to a page with the preset/user defined avatars, and it says

Choose an avatar by using the form below. Click on the avatar you want to use and choose "Save Settings".  To do nothing and return to your settings page, click "Cancel".

The one in use has a large green frame with the words Your avatar and (Delete).

When I click another avatar, it gets a frame round it.

Below that is the option of uploading a new avatar.

If it looks the same for you, I am afraid it is a matter of delay, and I hope John/someone will look into it.

John? Someone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2010 Dec 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote:

When I click the Change Avatar button, I get to a page with the preset/user defined avatars, and it says

Choose an avatar by using the form below. Click on the avatar you want to use and choose "Save Settings".  To do nothing and return to your settings page, click "Cancel".

The one in use has a large green frame with the words Your avatar and (Delete).

When I click another avatar, it gets a frame round it.

Below that is the option of uploading a new avatar.

If it looks the same for you, I am afraid it is a matter of delay, and I hope John/someone will look into it.

John? Someone?

Well, seems like I'm a bit of a dip! I guess what happened was I uploaded the new avatar & expected that, when it was approved, it would replace the old one. What seems to instead be the case is that the new avatar, when approved, became available amongst the options. So now I have my new avatar. The joy...... simply inexpressible.

(Thank you Jacob! )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There you are KB many brains makes questions answered! What kind of instrument is this? it reminds me the pipe of pan but somehow looks different. When I was in Malaysia in KL's City Market there was a guy playing the Angklung It was quite a large set up with three rows of bamboo tubes etc. an it was amazing what he could do with this, Youtube has plenty of pieces played like Hambourg Orchestra. Although this places drown the Angklung, if you don't know what it sounds you would not recognise it! Well I must be a little "Dipper" Than you as I have only 5 pts.  So too I once again say thank you for those who helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michelmnr wrote:

There you are KB many brains makes questions answered! What kind of instrument is this? it reminds me the pipe of pan but somehow looks different. When I was in Malaysia in KL's City Market there was a guy playing the Angklung It was quite a large set up with three rows of bamboo tubes etc. an it was amazing what he could do with this, Youtube has plenty of pieces played like Hambourg Orchestra. Although this places drown the Angklung, if you don't know what it sounds you would not recognise it! Well I must be a little "Dipper" Than you as I have only 5 pts.  So too I once again say thank you for those who helped

Yes, that is a panpipe from Ecuador; originally it came in two rows, but I found that inconvenient & took them apart & put them back in one row. It's the one I taught myself to play on; I have somewhat better ones now....

There are some massive panpipes out there I've seen; I'd be curious about the three row set. (The problem with the rows is that it makes legato playing difficult, incidentally.)

If you are curious, I have a number of videos myself on YouTube; roughly half piano, half panpipe. I won't post a link, but if you google "kamibamiraptor" you'll find plenty of hits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2010 Dec 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy and paste your suggestion, but not result?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2010 Dec 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Michelmnr wrote:

copy and paste your suggestion, but not result?

Oh, pooh.... I left out the "b" in

'Kamibambiraptor"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michelmnr wrote:

In response to many help I had on the forum I changed my avatar to a photo of myself to be less anonymous as I feel indebted to those who spent time for me. However after three weeks I'm more anonymous than ever! Perhaps this will prompt a fix. I designed my photo via Ph Shop to meet the upload requirement. Isn't this funny, someone told me that you can upload to Face Book in full format from your digital camera.If this is true I wonder why the Avatar is not able to function the same way?

Heck, I uploaded a new avatar probably a year or so ago. Somehow it never seems to have gotten approved

, but in my case, I just ain't cared enough to try to

mention. Just figured it was someone, somewhere being either incompetent, or even petty,

& why should I bother myself about it?

(Love the random line breaks! )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But where is the one we are used to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no avatars in the approval queue.

The usual cause of this issue is either that someone uploaded a profile picture instead of an avatar, or they uploaded an avatar, but have not returned to the avatar page to select their avatar after it was approved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2010 Nov 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Admin, but it seems that Jacob's entry b4 you did the trick for me. I went back to "change Avatar" highlighted  my new uploaded picture and saved the setting and it was immediately updated! So Thank you Jacob as well 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my part you are welcome, Michel. And congratulations. It is always a great relief when something suddenly works, whatever caused it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep I guess it's not every one who will worry too much about it. But it could be the same problem I had if that avatar you chose is revealed in "change avatar" page, If so perhaps it's the same as what happened to me and you just need to highlight your "one year old new avatar" and save the setting - for me it put my picture straight away on top left with my user name.  Good luck with that if you "re-care"!  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I hope it help others too. I'm still not sure about admin explanation, but I think I may have uploaded my new picture after deleting the current avatar but may not have saved the setting - Anyway now it's there. I feel just as if I'd placed a satellite into orbit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines