• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Back Button Operation

LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2009 Jan 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the login changes have started, the operation of the back button has changed for some reason. IE seems to go back to the same place, but SeaMonkey fails to do that. I have tried different browsers and web sites. IE does return to the same place, but both SeaMonkey and FireFox go back to the top of the page. This does not happen on other sites, only the forum, leading to the conclusion that there is a change in the forum software (though I can not find anything in the source listings).

In a related manner, a refresh also moves back to the top of the page. This is not typical in browsers and has apparently been added to the forums. Please leave out these moves to the top of the page and leave the page where it was. Let the browser work normally. When one returns to the top of the page with either a back button or a refresh, I then have to just scan down to where I was before again. It gets to be a real pain and I have found it very annoying in the Acrobat for Windows forum.

Since this is a recent occurrence, I assume it is an issue with the changes to the forum structure. It would be nice to have a consistent manner of operating that is consistent with normal use and not something changed by a new forum setup. Designing software oriented only to IE is not acceptable.

I noticed that there are several options now available in the preferences for display, like turning off a lot of the junk. When I go to one of the ColdFusion type links, those preferences are ignored. I still do not understand why there is an instance in a change when the folks that use the Adobe forums are generally happy with them. At least one person indicated that folks on the MM based forums go to a news format because they dislike the MM format. If it is true that many that use the MM format do not like it, then why the change in that direction? If that is not correct, it would be nice to know what is so great about all the wasted space.

I posted here as what appears to be the best place to post about changes to the forums. I am interested to see the reactions from others as they go back to work this week and start seeing the changes, though small at present. So far I have not seen anything that I consider an improvement and the back button issue is annoying to say the least (no, I will not change to IE to avoid it).

Bill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2009 Jan 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pj,
>The purpose of most of the forums are to ask and answer questions, usually with pertinent information. but also an opinions of what they see as deficiencies in the Product.

And thus my point: it's why you will see far more problems or complaints than compliments, and why seeing several similar posts shouldn't automatically be perceived as a general fault with the application. Or with the computer or operating system, for that matter.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to stay out of this list of posts that I got started. It seems to have gotten out of hand (maybe due to me). However for Ramón that keeps talking about it as a minor issue, I sure hope you do not have the problem. Always going to the top of the previous page is a real pain. I was just trying to indicate a potential problem or find a solution. I was also fueled with the thought (and past memory) of the changes I expect are coming and will likely not be welcome by many.

Since no one had an answer that helped, I am pursuing the topic separately. Thanks for the suggestions that came along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry Bill.

But try and keep your posts concise. Many people will not even bother to read a block of text which takes up a whole page, let alone reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 29, 2009 Jan 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox 3.0.5 (Mac) does return to the exact place in the previous page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is always a chance that I have a plug-in that is causing a problem, but it is dependent on the forums only. The Adobe.com accepts reload or the back button and retains the last position. In the forum pages, it always takes me to the top of the page. I have checked settings in the browser, and nothing helps on the forums. I just can't figure out what is triggering the forums to load at the top every time. As I indicated, this was new at the time that they changed to the new registration process, but I can't see why that would have made a difference.

I know others have not seen this, but am interested if anyone runs into the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I enjoy using my Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 14, 2009 Feb 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I enjoy ed using my Adobe.

There, fixed that for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure a correction is needed. He may still enjoy it. However, Adobe might be a question since it is not a product, but the company name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> "However, Adobe might be a question since it is not a product, but the company name. "

Wow.

Thanks for cluing us newbies in.

%( 8/ (;) XD)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Writing furiously ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I enjoy using my Adobe when its not broke.

>Adobe might be a question since it is not a product

What do you mean its not a product? it is too, I use it every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not worth debating about Adobe. Every product that has Adobe in the name (a lot of them) refer to a product with another part to the name, like Adobe Reader. Whatever you like though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a name for my Adobe, now that it's broke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill@VT,

You're missing all the sarcasm. These folks are just messing with you. :D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoilsport.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2009 Feb 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A sarchasm opens its treacherous maw . Several killed, hundreds injured.

Film at 11:00.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Every product that has Adobe in the name (a lot of them) refer to a product with another part to the name

No, are you sure about that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have SeaMonkey for Mac and if you click on a Link anywhere on these pages the Back button becomes active and wil take you back to your original page.

Now if my clicking remember be actually does remember be I will be thrilled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version of SeaMonkey goes back to the original for any page other than the forums. For the forums it always goes to the top! In fact, it goes back to the original even on the Adobe.com site. The forums is the only site I am having the problem on and it started the day of the change in registration. I am still looking at the possibility that a plugin does not interact with the forum pages correctly. That is the only thing I can figure might be the problem since others with SeaMonkey do not seem to have the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2009 Feb 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update: I just logged in again this evening. I had made NO changes to my system and now the back button takes me back to exactly where I was. Heck if I know what is going on. I will try it on my other machines tomorrow. If it was something on the server, thanks. Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 19, 2009 Feb 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm posting to make the DUMB thread drop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 20, 2009 Feb 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Well stop it. We don't need to have to view 24 of your postings, in the off chance that one of them is important/useful. Let gravity take its course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines