• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad Customer Service Experience

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is too bad that becuase of Adobe's position in the market place it does not feel the need to maintain a good relationship with its customers. The problem I had was totally my fault - I purchased the CS6 Student Edition for my daughter 6 months ago and she disgarded the packaging (with the product code affixed to the box) before registering the product. I realize that Adobe has no obligation to remedy the situation and apparently they feel the same way. When I contacted Adobe about the problem they said they could not help me and that I should contact the reseller that I purchased the software from. I had Proof-of-Purchase, I had the software disc, how hard would it have been for them to let me send them the disc and have them replace it? This is still a product that costs over $300. even with the student discount. If they felt no obligation towards the purchaser of their product what would a reseller do for me? Well, I did contact the reseller, Amazon, and I cannot sing their praises high enough in this situation! Even though 6 months had passed and we had no packaging for the product they are allowing us to return the product free of charge for a total refund. Adobe should take a page from Amazon, and focus more on generating some good will and customer loyalty - I am a loyal Amazon customer but in future if I ever have a choice of software manufacturers I will avoid Adobe!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with Adobe on this... you did not buy direct from Adobe, you bought from Amazon

It is good that Amazon helped you, but that really was not Adobe's responsibility

BTW... about responsibility... I hope you daughter has learned to be more careful about reading instructions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did state that I understood Adobe had no obligation to me - I am talking about building a relationship with your customer.

I am very happy that I did purchase the software from Amazon. I think Adobe's response to me would have been the same no matter who I purchased the software from. I did not expect Amazon to help me, but I sincerely appreciate the fact that they did.

Obviously I am not a big corporation spending large amounts of money on Adobe products, so retaining me as a loyal customer is not Adobe's priority, whereas Amazon has a little more interest in keeping me as a customer. But I would not have held it against Amazon had they not helped me, they were just the vedor while Adobe is the actual manufacturer. While helping me with my issue was not ultimately Adobe's responsibility it would have been the *nice* thing to do. I am not trying to scam Adobe and the cost to them is pennies compared to my cost for replacement. Its not about doing the 'correct' thing, but doing the 'right' thing.

I hope that all the products you purchase in your lifetime fuction to your satisfaction, never break out of warranty or come into contact with any "irresponsible" children.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I hurt my back (at work) and couldn't ride, I used to own a Harley

Harley has (or had, I haven't look lately) where you could buy direct and pick up at the plant

If I had done that, and found a problem, I would have expected Harley to fix the problem at the plant

Since I bought from a dealer, it was not Harley's DIRECT responsibility to fix any problems

It was also my responsibility to operate the product correctly (including not losing my title)

I simply don't think it is correct to blame Adobe for not giving you a refund or new serial number when they did not sell you the product

I also hope that anyone else who reads this will take the lesson home that they need to be careful with serial numbers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that argerhardt has been clear enough in stating more than once that he doesn't blame Adobe for not giving him a refund, only that he would have found it nice if they had done so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! not even a refund, just a different disk with a product code 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines