• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad gate

Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2012 Feb 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just experienced a rather strange outage in the Illustrator forum: I made a reply and submitted it, but nothing happened for a long time. Eventually, the reply was replaced by a small box with the message Bad gate. At the same time, the Illustrator forum (open in another Tab) was replaced by the Site temporarily unavailable message.

After maybe a quarter of an hour (trying now and again), the forum reappeared, but I was logged out. I had to login and close the tab with the Bad gate. When I entered the thread in question from the forum to rereply, I was able to use a recovered version.

Stay away from bad gates, if you can spot them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe they had so many complaints about the Community stuff. They were ripping it out of the system.

I'd like to them them go Back to one Acrobat Forum for everything except for JavaScripting and other esoteric stuff and seprate them according to Platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only oddity that I have encountered today (Feb. 22, 2012) was some Replies not showing in some threads in the PrPro forums, until after I posted. Looking at the time/date stamps, those were posted at least 30 mins. before, but did not show, until after my post. There were two, that showed posted from a trusted contributor, as the last post in threads on that forum's main page, and those were shown as within ~ 15 mins., but when viewing the threads (showed [Updated]), those posts did not appear, and even an hour later, were not there, though they still showed as the last Replies, and then, over an hour ago.

Not much, though a bit odd. No "Bad Gates" for me, at least not yet.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw the

The Adobe Community Forums are being updated!

Please check back soon.

both here and in the Illustrator forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No updates, just a restart because the nodes were out of sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, John, thank you. Could that out of sync be realted to the bad gate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your guess is as good as mine. But the timing was right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines