• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Banned again ;-)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2009 Sep 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, JayJhabrix got banned from posting...

Now it's Jhabrix that's banned... and not a by your leave nor explanation! In neither case was a message sent giving a warning of any kind nor a reason for the inability to post.

Someone is getting very personal and, for some reason, 'Jhabrix' seems to be like a red flag to a bull!

I wonder how long:

1/ This post / thread will last

2/ How long it will be before this avatar of Jhabrix is banned!!

And, if any moderator chooses to read between the lines, you'll realise this post very much is a comment on the Forums and on this Forum.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2009 Sep 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like it or not, you need to understand that the concept of "free speech" has to do with the political process in the USA... not a company forum

This is a moderated forum, and free speech has nothing at all to do with what goes on here

As in any forum... if you don't like what goes on, you may choose to not participate

Continuing to attempt political-style free speech here is not going to get you any good result

Stick to on-topic discussions and you will do much better

As far as I'm concerned, this is my first and last post on a subject like this... I come to these forums to learn about products, so that is what I will stick to doing, and I will go back to ignoring any subject topic that has nothing to do with actual products or, in this forum, ideas about how to make the forum work better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the issue is the lack of explanation or warning:

Now it's Jhabrix that's banned... and not a by your leave nor explanation! In neither case was a message sent giving a warning of any kind nor a reason for the inability to post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lack of explanation OR warning (at least two within some set period of time) is a problem, yeah.  That's just way too aggressive and most of the time a warning will clue someone in to tone things down (although knowing what specifically crossed the line might be needed).

But, and I am sorry to say, I do think that "speech freedom" does not apply here.  This forum is technically Adobe's private property and we are technically guests, so we do need to abide by their rules... even if they turn out to be draconian.  Of course we're also free to look elsewhere for software, so you would think they have some motivation to be reasonable, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An email warning was sent to jhabrix at 1:33pm on Tuesday, Sep 1, 2009...

This is a first warning for a violation of the Adobe Community Guidelines as a result of your messages in the Forums Feedback forum and your reaction to community moderator actions. If you continue to violate our adobe.com Terms of Use and Adobe Community Guidelines, your account may be subject to permanent suspension.

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Adobe Community Admin

Adobe Forums

Creating new accounts to get around a ban is considered a violation and will lead to permanent suspension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's been tried before - good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, then a ban is not a permanent suspension?  How long is a ban?  It should say the length of time if it's temporary so people don't assume it's permanent.  Also, you have to realize that not everyone checks their email every day.  I might check mine once a week or something, and even then a single message could be lost in spam, or filtered out, etc.  At least send a PM as well, or send 2 warnings, etc.

Not just trying to be a pain, but it still seems pretty harsh to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one Jive--all day this thread has said "Community Moderator" as the last poster, but Kath and myself both posted after that post.

+1 Jive Bug?  Does ANYTHING work correctly in this place???

Edit: Yay I "fixed" it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is working correctly. The message was edited after the two of you posted. It originally had a typo in it that was later fixed. So that was the last edited message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

It is working correctly. The message was edited after the two of you posted. It originally had a typo in it that was later fixed. So that was the last edited message.

True, but the forum says last "posted", so I was going by that definition strictly.

Just a technicality and another design issue, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Community Moderator wrote:

Mmm.... soemthing smells not quite right...

1/ The Jhabrix account was created on September 2 so, sending a message on September 1 indicates remarkable clairvoyance

2/ No message was received

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off your spam filter.

JhabrixJay wrote:

1/ The Jhabrix account was created on September 2 so, sending a message on September 1 indicates remarkable clairvoyance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

JhabrixJay wrote:

Please note point 1/. And i do check my spam. Nothing there. Other messages from Adobe, welcoming me (dated Sep 02) and threads are in my inbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

You can't be serious.

Turn off your spam filter so you can get notices from adobe.com about being banned? 

As terrible as the Jived PM system is here, technically it would be at least a little better if it were used in addition to email which may or may not even reach it's destiniation (or get checked).  That's all I have to say on the matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 18, 2009 Sep 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't serious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

dec9 wrote:

You can't be serious.

Turn off your spam filter so you can get notices from adobe.com about being banned? 

As terrible as the Jived PM system is here, technically it would be at least a little better if it were used in addition to email which may or may not even reach it's destiniation (or get checked).  That's all I have to say on the matter.

His Browser to you have. if you use a Mozilla type Browser (Camino, FireFox, SeaMonkey) you can  go into you junk folder and open message and un check as spam. then once you returned it to inbox click on the email address and choose create filter. have filter move it to say directory called Adobe.  then run the filter. from that point on those such messaes would be redirected to specfic folder. Here is a sample.

SeaMonkeypicture002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JhabrixJay wrote:

Yes post #10 is quite an interesting one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2009 Sep 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Community Admin wrote:

This is a first warning for a violation of the Adobe Community Guidelines as a result of your messages in the Forums Feedback forum and your reaction to community moderator actions. If you continue to violate our adobe.com Terms of Use and Adobe Community Guidelines, your account may be subject to permanent suspension.

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Adobe Community Admin

Adobe Forums

Creating new accounts to get around a ban is considered a violation and will lead to permanent suspension.

So why, then, is the guy with at least three different login IDs still around posting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody reads Post #10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should read post 3. The poster is trying to help you out.

JhabrixJay wrote:

Nobody reads Post #10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

JhabrixJay wrote:

Nobody reads Post #10

Perhaps Ansury is helping out, but there is a bit of discrepancy if you read post 10! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2009 Sep 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

there is a bit of discrepancy if you read post 10! 

Not necessarily. Anywhere east of the Persian/Arabian Gulf would have been September 2 at 1.33pm on September 1 on the west coast of the United States. Times on emails also depend on the sender's computer clock being accurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 20, 2009 Sep 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Macintoh computers as long as you have a good PRAM battery and a good Regular Battery (for Laptops) the clock stays up todate after first set according to time zone. Apple run their own time servers based  the time servers you here of on Shortwave radio (works similar).  Time is based on GMT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

dec9:

Post #3 has no relevance to Post #10. Post #10 is a reply to Post #4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 19, 2009 Sep 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must be the result of folding of space that went too far past the mid point and ending up in the future. What results is a post the day before it happens. Just a theory. I am working on the proof. Need beta testors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines