• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Banned again ;-)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2009 Sep 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, JayJhabrix got banned from posting...

Now it's Jhabrix that's banned... and not a by your leave nor explanation! In neither case was a message sent giving a warning of any kind nor a reason for the inability to post.

Someone is getting very personal and, for some reason, 'Jhabrix' seems to be like a red flag to a bull!

I wonder how long:

1/ This post / thread will last

2/ How long it will be before this avatar of Jhabrix is banned!!

And, if any moderator chooses to read between the lines, you'll realise this post very much is a comment on the Forums and on this Forum.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2009 Sep 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard of binning, instead of banning, in the days of the fair forums.

And as far as I know, the hosts had the power to impose it, and to lift it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all...

This is all so boring and so infantile... JVD talks of creating new log ins by a banned person and therefore tha person is banned again ... oh well... but no mail is sent informing an individual they've been banned from posting, the reason, nor how long that ban will last...

In the Jhabrix cases, seems they ran foul of JVD. 'Cos they were objecting to his high-handedness. Funny... the original Jhabrix has been posting since 2003 or even before... no one ever complained. He's posted in the product forums and no one has complained... he's now been banned... victimised is more like it, because a certain mod doesn't like being questioned. Ann Shelbourne, amongst numerous others, had a very valid point. When JVD said, posters were being disruptive, she replied:

"I suspect that it is only disrutive to a certain little tin-pot Dictator who call himself a "Moderator".

Try going back to the original concept and being a Forum HOST and see how much better both this Forum and the Product forums might become again — in spite of the dismal performance of the Jive Software."

Buko said, "And I don't suppose you consider your actions disruptive?"

The point is that it's a joke... The Deleter Joker or Joker the Deleter. As far as i'm concerned it matters eff all to us... we're not looking for points, we're not looking for community status. We are. Yup... actually, it's a clan... we all used the same log in to check the forums.. no big deal... we're all polite... then Jay got upset with the draconian behaviour... the excreta hit the fan.

No big deal... they can keep banning and anyone can keep re-registering... in the Jhabrix case though, it's been three separate people... dec9, i feel for you .

Individually, they can ban, we can re register... look for our solutions, help where we can and depart. Though, sadly, that helping bit is becoming rarer across the board – compared to what it used to be. Where have all the experts gone? In DW, even Murray has not posted since mid-June Others from there....???? PS????? Other forums i can't comment on....

Anyway, as we always say, Cry Havoc! And bring on the dogs of alcohol!!

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JhabrixJay wrote:

the original Jhabrix has been posting since 2003 or even before... no one ever complained. He's posted in the product forums and no one has complained...

Not true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not true.

Examples?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only sour notes around here are those that are directly caused by the comments of the so called "Community Experts" — and this has been the case since they first made their appearances in the Formerly-Adobe Forums.

Their attitude may have worked for Macromedia's customers but I kept well clear of the Macromedia Forums as much as possible because they provided such an unpleasant environment and most of the answers provided were either non-existent or wrong.

I suggest that the situation would be vastly improved in both this Forum and the Formerly-Adobe Product Forums if these obnoxious "Community Experts" would just absent themselves and leave us in peace.

From postings in recent threads, it is very clear that their presence is extremely unwelcome here.

Who knows, but if those "Community Experts" departed, you might even get a few of the former contributors to the Formerly-Adobe Product Forums to return and help in those places again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines