• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Banned Participants Question

Engaged ,
Dec 07, 2009 Dec 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting wind of different longtime faithful participants who have been banned. I can't help but think that many of these are a mistake. So many who are gone were among the most helpful when users needed help.

Can someone who is in authority please offer an explanation? And can you please reassess this situation?

Thank you for your time…

Linda

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 145 Replies 145
Dec 11, 2009 Dec 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the "old school" (not sure if I'd consider myself that really) Adobe users wanting to revert back to WebX: yes, this is true and has been said plenty of times.  But many other times (possibly more because we've been told going back is impossible) we've also said find something that does work, because clearly this jiveware does not work, and can't be fixed-- EVER! 

The fact that it only gets worse, or at best replaces old bugs with new ones, makes it very clear that the quality of this jiveware is going to stay at the same miserable level until it's ultimately replaced by something functional.  Preferably something that doesn't utilize a million pointless Mickey Mouse features, terribly written browser specific JavaScript Ajax hack garbage, and... let's not forget the horrid performance and pathetic support from the jives.

JIVEWARE HAS TO GO some day, when will it be?  Will the replacement be announced before, or after every disgruntled user leaves for greener pastures?  (Possibly taking their business with them.)  Myself, I'm still open to other options at Microsoft, and that means my "purchasing power" at the office is too.  User-to-user community support is important to have available with modern software products--this form of support has gone down the toilet since the Jive curse.

Heck, even a simple sticky note from Adobe admitting that they were deceived by the Jive Snake Oil salesmen into believing the software could support this community (understandable, sales people are good liars), with a promise to do what they can to replace this JiveMess as soon as possible, would probably retain many of the old users!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Paz, good to see you around here as well. I hardly come here anymore because there is no photo forum anymore, and its so sterile and robotic so as to make sure no one gets their feelings hurt. Welcome to the USSR. I wonder if i can say Merry Christmas around here, or will the speech police say its offending someone. maybe happy holidays, or pleasant winter would be acceptable. This is what happens when companies get so large, they forget what common sense is and begin to implode. if anyone ever came out with a photoshop type program that was as awesome, you would hear a giant sucking sound as we all left this mess for good. It just blows my mind how terrific the old forum was and how pathetic the new is, but everyone knows that already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah....someone got overly ambitious didn't they? I am afraid they are not going to be able to see the consequence of their actions for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2009 Dec 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But least in the Wizard of Oz it was all a dream and everybody went back home to the way it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question:  if one is banned from the forums and since the store login is the same, aren't those users being banned from the Adobe store as well?

seems to me to be a reason why Adobe should NOT want to ban folks .... loss of revenue.  And those users should be able to access their SN, software information etc as well.

Will someone, JC perhaps, please confirm this for me and the rest of the users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ID may be the same as a regular Adobe.com ID, but it's a separate login for the forums.

In fact it looks as if the forum login is screwed up again -- every time I close and reopen Firefix I need to login tothe forum again, but Adobe.com says I'm still welcome. I suppose I better go report that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2009 Dec 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P Spier wrote:

The ID may be the same as a regular Adobe.com ID, but it's a separate login for the forums.

In fact it looks as if the forum login is screwed up again -- every time I close and reopen Firefix I need to login tothe forum again, but Adobe.com says I'm still welcome. I suppose I better go report that...

I access this forum from three different computers.  One of them - currently my main computer - always requires me to log in.  I always check the 'remember me' thingy, but I do not ever see an adobe.com cookie.

I know this is the wrong topic; maybe we should start a new one for this old/new little problem.

P.S. it appears that the subject is already discussed in a separate topic http://forums.adobe.com/thread/539486

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2009 Dec 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure it's the same problem, but it is similar. John is well aware, at this point, that it exists -- we've been doing testing with a number of people, but I don't know when the status is going to change. I had to log in again this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwillener wrote:

I access this forum from three different computers.  One of them - currently my main computer - always requires me to log in.  I always check the 'remember me' thingy, but I do not ever see an adobe.com cookie.

I know this is the wrong topic; maybe we should start a new one for this old/new little problem.

P.S. it appears that the subject is already discussed in a separate topic http://forums.adobe.com/thread/539486

What Browser do you use and do you use a Mac.

If you use Safari on a Mac Look in:

username >Finderpicture001.png

Remove file.  Open Safari and sign in. Corrupt cookies.plist file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for the tip, but in my case it's Firefox on XP. As I said above, there are probably two different, but similar problems. In my case it seems that jive just isn't reading the cookie at all, or some such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case of FireFox and they should be same regardless of Platform.

Log out of Forum

Log out of Adobe

Next open Cookie Manager  (Preferences > Privacy > remove individual Cookies)

look up in search box Adobe

Hightlight and remove. (delete)

Lookup forums.adobe

Highlight and remove (delete)

Shut down FF (at version 3.5.6 now)

Restart FF.

Go to Forums and Login with username and password

tick remember me box then click log in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that SHOULD work, but it doesn't. Jive Bug...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P Spier wrote:

Yeah, that SHOULD work, but it doesn't. Jive Bug...

Touch wood... ever since the login got permanent, i've been logged in on both my desktop and laptop. FF (now 3.5.5) on both. Didn't have to do anything... <shrug> FWIW...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is some evidence it may have to do withthe age of my login identity and/or the number of identities I have registered at Adobe.com.

We're WAAAAAY off -topic at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Pat noted in his post #132 above that the matter is been discussed in this other thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/539486?tstart=0

Which may or may not be a better place to move/continue this off topic discussion...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 17, 2009 Dec 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too log in from multiple computers with same OS and version of FF but only my home iMac makes me enter a pw every time I try to access forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2009 Dec 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the same solution as I did (in the other topic):

• open Firefox options
  • show cookies
  • delete all adobe.com and forums.adobe.com cookies
  • recycle FF
  • login again

You may now be permanently logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwillener wrote:

• open Firefox options
  • show cookies
  • recycle FF
  • login again

"May" is the key word in your message. I still have to log in every time I open my browser, in spite of doing all the above -and more- for each log in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

pwillener wrote:

• open Firefox options
  • show cookies
  • recycle FF
  • login again

"May" is the key word in your message. I still have to log in every time I open my browser, in spite of doing all the above -and more- for each log in.

And to all and sundry, including myself... we've all gone way off topic as Peter Spier mentioned a few posts before... logging in problems have absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread, which is:

"Banned Participants Question"

So shall we desist and concentrate on the topic?

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See my message #140 above...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2009 Dec 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange but slowly but surely the forums are reverting back to people answering questions, not insulting the people who ask them, etc…

I, for one am glad that this seemingly eternal problem was addressed.

pbc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines