• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BIG mistake = major dissapointment

Explorer ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why Adobe, why? I WANT TO OWN MY SOFTWARE, NOT RENT. What makes you think that offering only rental software is a good idea? And yes, it is rental. From what I can see, there is no way to purchase and own the programs such as a Creative Suites. If there is no way to own, it can only be rented.

So does that mean I can have my lawyer draw up a rental agreement? That way you can't "evict" me for what ever you see fit. If I join the cloud, and in 2 years can no longer afford it, I lose my programs. How do you expect to keep customers doing business like that.

I was very excited for the release of CS7 after seeing all the great videos of new improvements to Premier Pro. It was a done deal, I was ready to buy. Now, I will stay with CS6 indefinitely, or until I find another editing solution.

What I really don't understand is why you would do this, considering all of the FCP converts coming over. You've given them a reason to choose something else and stay away.

I have praised your company for years as the better software, and the better overall experience.  Guess that won't happen any longer.

Thank you for an excellent product. But until you correct this monumental mistake, I will no longer be one of your customers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

[10.5 year old topic locked by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, you've never owned the software, you've only ever been granted a license to use it.

That said, I agree that the current subscription license model is obviously missing an exit strategy.

What I propose is this:

If, after a person has been a member of the Creative Cloud for 2 years, begin to offer the ability for them, upon termination of the subscription, to continue to use in "perpetual license" fashion, any version of the software 2 years old or older.

That way, customers willing to make the committment to be a part of the subscription program will not have the worry that they will be left with nothing at all.

There may be accounting laws that prevent this from being a possibility, I don't know.  But if it's possible I do wish Adobe would consider it.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I don't "own" the software. But I can still load and use the CS software I purchased back in 2006 for no additional cost.

I could potentially go for your proposed idea. After an amount of time, I "own" the software at no additional cost.

I feel like it would be like a dealership telling me that if I ever wanted a new car again, I had to start paying for it now. Adobe has said that it will be able to release new versions/features faster. But where does it say they have to? What's to stop them from slowing down, since your stuck if you want your programs to keep working.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[10.5 year old topic locked by moderator.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines