Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

bookmarking posts?

Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do we bookmark a specific post like we used to be able to do?

for example if i find a post has usefull info and i want to refer back to it when answering future questions, i used to be able to add a bookmark and then i could just click and find what i wanted easily when i needed it.

does this functionality exist in the new SW? if so, how dow i bookmark, and how to i view my bookmarks?

dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See that little blue up-arrow next to the time?

Right-click on that and do "Copy link location".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

ya, no. i see that. that gets you a link. i mean is there something like the actual bookmark system used in the old forums? i can keep my own list i guess, but it's a PITA when changing computers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

John Joslin wrote:

ya, no. i see that. that gets you a link. i mean is there something like the actual bookmark system used in the old forums? i can keep my own list i guess, but it's a PITA when changing computers...

OK, I never used that facility. I just bookmarked the link from the context menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

how do we bookmark a specific post like we used to be able to do?

for example if i find a post has usefull info and i want to refer back to it when answering future questions, i used to be able to add a bookmark and then i could just click and find what i wanted easily when i needed it.

does this functionality exist in the new SW? if so, how dow i bookmark, and how to i view my bookmarks?

dave

If someone finds something that works decently, I'd sure love to know about it. I've been selectively subscribing to threads and referring to stuff there, but that's kind of wonky also... but at least it moves with me when I change machines or browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DorothyK@Adobe wrote:

I've been selectively subscribing to threads and referring to stuff there, but that's kind of wonky also... but at least it moves with me when I change machines or browsers.

what does "subscribing to threads" mean? how do you do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dave milbut wrote:

DorothyK@Adobe wrote:

I've been selectively subscribing to threads and referring to stuff there, but that's kind of wonky also... but at least it moves with me when I change machines or browsers.

what does "subscribing to threads" mean? how do you do it?

I just mean using email selectively to subscribe to threads in areas I don't visit often. I set up a gmail account so it doesn't muck up my regular mail.

I'd really like something like the message center and read subscriptions back... doing it this way takes forever. Maybe talk to the AIR folks about that ones they whomp together something to replace NNTP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the little number, top left in each message body, before that reply's timestamp?

Right-Click (Control + Click) on that for the contextual menu and "Copy Link Location."

postlink.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines