• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge - jpgs retain order

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I received a flash drive with jpgs for an photo contest awards show. The person who prepared the flash drive, set all the photos in order on Bridge so the slides play in a certain order - the winning slides are spread out equally, the horozontal slides are together with two batches of vertical slides, slides that look like they're from the same photographer are spread out - etc.

Yesterday and this morning I could view the slides in order using the Bridge Slidesow featre, exactly has he had lined them up. Then I dragged them into Premiere and they retained the correct order.

However, later this morning, Bridge decided not to put them in order anymore, so it appears the formatting is lost. I restarted my computer, loaded the jpgs from the flash drive onto my computer again. But the order is gone!

First of all, why would Bridge have them in perfect order, then they revert to being listed by name or date, or some other system they now follow. 

Second - how do I get them to go back to the order my colleage set up in his Bridge program?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's what I think happened. When I first got the flash drive, I opened the files in Bridge and they remembered the formatting from the other computer. However, after repeatedly opening Bridge, dragging them into Premiere, etc., they became accamated to my computer, and hence took on the "name" "date" "size" etc. formatting from my computer. Anyways, we'll just have to put them in order on our end. This is just another computer thing of many. It was probably just dumb luck the photos retained the order from the old computer, then they didn't. Does that sound right? Ergo - no way to fix it back how it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines