Exit

Broken Search?

LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2010 Jun 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Your search for "time remapping"  returned 0 results."

"Your search for "opacity"  returned 0 results."

I just find it very difficult to believe there are no posts whatsoever containing those words in the Premiere forums.  Something's GOT to be broken with the Search feature.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Your search for "time remapping"  returned 159 results."

If I search all forums, I get plenty of hits for Premiere.  But if I want only hits for Premiere, I get 0 results.

Something's definitely broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote on 6/15/2010 7:03 PM:

"Your search for "time remapping" returned 159 results."

If I search all forums, I get plenty of hits for Premiere. But if I want only hits for Premiere, I get 0 results.

What are the URLs of the result pages of your search commands?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two that don't work.

http://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?q=opacity&resultTypes=MESSAGE&resultTypes=COMMUNITY&dateRange=all&communityID=3247&username=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

http://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?q=time+remapping&resultTypes=MESSAGE&resultTypes=COMMUNITY&dateRange=all&communityID=3247&username=

The one that did.

http://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?q=time+remapping&resultTypes=MESSAGE&resultTypes=COMMUNITY&dateRange=all&communityID=&username=

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote on 6/15/2010 8:57 PM:

http://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?q=opacity&resultTypes=MESSAGE&resultTypes=COMMUNITY&dateRange=all&communityID=3247&username=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

http://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?q=time+remapping&resultTypes=MESSAGE&resultTypes=COMMUNITY&dateRange=all&communityID=3247&username=

You are searching in community 3247. That is the Premiere placeholder

forum that does not have any messages at all:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere?view=discussions

Select all of the forums you want to search in and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the Premiere placeholder

That's a pain.  I would expect the top level Premiere option to include all Premiere forums by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JSS1138 wrote:

I would expect the top level Premiere option to include all Premiere forums by default.

Quite a reasonable expectation. But ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2010 Jun 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try this search widget?

2010-06-16_1316.png

I believe it should search all the Premiere forums...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2010 Jun 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harbs,

For my failed efforts, I tried that in the PrPro fora (where I knew my replies existed) and also the level up search. Also limited the searches manually (Other Options) with the Premiere fora selected. Same results - zero.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2010 Jun 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

I got the same with similar searches yesterday and today. As I was searching for my replies, I knew the exact search criteria and the exact fora to search. All returned 0, regardless of the filters used. Google found them all, right in the PrPro forum, where Adobe told me 0 existed.

I'd say that it's broken.

BTW - even when it functions, I still find it clunky as heck, so rely on Google most of the time.

Good luck to us all,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, can you list the terms you searched on?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will put my thinking cap on, and will do my best to reconstruct the Search criteria for you. Wish me luck.

Thank you for your interest,

Hunt

[Edit] I have gone down through about 6 - 7 pages of all PrPro sub-fora, trying to jog my memory. I'll have to check the date of my post [Found that - June 19, so it was not THAT long ago], to see if that will give me a clue as to the thread, that I was working in, when Search started popping up 0 Threads Found. Then, I might be able to reconstruct the search criteria. IIRC, I was doing the limited Search in the full range of PrPro sub-fora (the lower forum search box). I just cannot remember yet. Sorry, but thanks again, and I'll report, if I can figure things out, or it happens again.

Message was edited by: Bill Hunt - Added [Edit]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines