Highlighted

Bug report: Old threads showing up at the top of the list

Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.JPG

As a professional web developer I must say that these forums are a disgrace. I wouldn't dare sell such a product.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Bug report: Old threads showing up at the top of the list

Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.JPG

As a professional web developer I must say that these forums are a disgrace. I wouldn't dare sell such a product.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 18, 2009 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try67 wrote:

You could say the same about the entire Adobe site!

Slow, overloaded with junk and no discernible structure.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2009 0
Advisor ,
Jun 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, I think that happens anytime somebody interacts with a thread in any way other than simple reading. Edit/Delete a reply, report abuse, mark answered, etc... if they don't post a new reply. The date visible to us is only related to the last post, but other types of updates seem to be involved in this odd "bump" feature.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Jun 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, report abuse doesn't do it, just tried. Sorry Graf

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2009 0
Advocate ,
Jun 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and, just marked a 2 month old post as answered, that didn't do it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2009 0
Advisor ,
Jun 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rats. So much for that guess.

Must have been coincidence in the one place I happened to notice it. (Correct answer for Newsgroup_User - who hasn't posted since the Jive changeover.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2009 0
Jun 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Nope, report abuse doesn't do it, just tried. Sorry Graf

Heh! I was wondering why I got an email approving my content. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2009 0
Jun 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens when a spam post is removed, as in the Catering thread, http://forums.adobe.com/thread/285152?tstart=0, in the Print Design forum, http://forums.adobe.com/community/design_development/printdesign?view=discussions&start=0, where it topped the list for a while with a 1 year old post by Neil after my reporting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2009 0