Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Burning DVD's with an Imac

Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys! I want to say first off that i very much appreciate any help or advice that anyone offers, as there is no reason except out of the pure goodness of your heart to give "free consulting".

Let's get it all out there in the open.

I am a wedding videographer and i own a 2011 iMac. I know. Ok . I know

I have been running into very troubling issues.

I have completed the project in premiere with three separate sequences (ceremony, reception, trailer).

I have brought those sequences into Adobe Encore to burn the actual content onto DVD.

Unfortunately my imac cannot handle the burn. It simply does not have the hardware capable of doing such a noble thing (although it claims it does).

I have been working for weeks now trying to just slip by a test burn, but again no matter what method i try i am at a loss. I need to have it done asap and the way i look at it i have two options.

My roommate had a nice big 16gb ramm tower that i believe will be more than adequate to accomplish the said task.

I have an external hard drive of course. So here is first option and question.

1. i will export the media (3 separate sequences) to a mpeg2 file i guess. Bring it to my external hard drive (or EHD lol) and put it on his computer and then use either use his version of encore, or a different burning software (it has to be able to make menus tho). BUT

What should i export the media as? Mpeg2, mpeg2 DVD? nstc whatever? It was shot at 1080p 24fps in a canon dslr. It needs to be good quality of course.

and just incase encore in not available on his computer what burning software would use use? (and yes price is a problem). lol

Option 2.

Take the completed project that in on encore as of right now and just burn it to a DVD folder. Put it on the EHD and bring it to roomies comp and burn it with a dvd burning software. But when i make a folder it comes out as a video_ts file. Being a newb of course i do not know what that even means.

If you where me. What would you do?!

Guys again, thank you so much for any help.

Big Hugs.

-tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is only to discuss how the forums operate, not products

If you go to the Forums Index http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

You will be able to select a forum for the Adobe product you use

When you go to the correct forum, please do not used white on black background text... it is hard on the eyes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i delete this post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since you have posted to the Encore Forum - the right place to get help, I will Lock this thread.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines