• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I copy and paste a website? Then change the banner?

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2009 Jul 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I already have a website can I just change the layout ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 31, 2009 Jul 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into "Your Stuff". There are 2 areas that you can opt out for e-mail notifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your part of the thread now and it might have e-mail notification option enabled. Thus your added to John's e-mail list automatically. Sometimes modern technology is not so great. Almost like sending out a rant to a group of friends about the boss and finding out later that the boss was listed in the reply too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't even know how I added them to my email and now I have someone

names John, Phill, Dave, emailing back and forth in my email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

Your part of the thread now and it might have e-mail notification option enabled. Thus your added to John's e-mail list automatically. Sometimes modern technology is not so great. Almost like sending out a rant to a group of friends about the boss and finding out later that the boss was listed in the reply too.

Are you really blaming modern technology for Jive's incompetence??  That's pretty generous of you..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just trying to learn from you guys since you are the experts

Careful - It's gonna go to their heads.

Thanks for solving our little mystery here though, hopefully we can get someone to take care of the confusing linkage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have created a new web page and saved it on my desktop how do I get it to the hard drive?

you mean how do you get it to your web site? generally you'd use an ftp program to copy the files FROM your hard drive TO your website. but as others have stated, you should repost your question in the dreamweaver forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/dreamweaver/dreamweaver_general

there might be a more dreamweaver specific way (like an internal DW command or something for migrating sites) that you could use as well as the more down and dirty FTP way...

thanks again for getting back to us with how you got here. we've been trying to figure it out for days!

good luck with your problem.

dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can turn off those emails like so:

log into the web fourm interface. in the bar above the forum topic list where you name appears click the link that says "your stuff".

click preferences

change "Always subscribe via email to threads I create" & "Always subscribe via email to threads I reply to" to NO and click SAVE.

click "your stuff"

click "mailing lists"

unselect any selected and click save.

click the "email notifications" tab

select all there and delete

click save.

the mails are on by default. it's PITA, i know. they've really screwed up these forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dave,

When do you open you Pasta /Pizza house.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just at the DW site, and get help quickly now goes to a message there, not here

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/470404

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you serious?  They fixed it that quickly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesseham wrote:

Are you serious?  They fixed it that quickly?

Apparently the moderator there did... BTW, he's not an Adobe employee...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be fair - John C organised the fix after I PM'd him, and he is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 01, 2009 Aug 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Be fair - John C organised the fix after I PM'd him, and he is.

If, i recall the thread, David Powers fixed it.... And David, though a Comm. Exp., is by no means an employee of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, for goodness sake! As far as I can make out, John C asked David to fix it and he did. Does the employee/not distinction  really matter? That's why I said 'organised' and not 'did' - because of your nit-picking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Oh, for goodness sake! As far as I can make out, John C asked David to fix it and he did. Does the employee/not distinction  really matter? That's why I said 'organised' and not 'did' - because of your nit-picking.

My goodness! Hey don't get your knickers in a twist!! You're the one nit picking... If you had the details all you had to do was share them instead of being so obtuse... IOW, all you had to say was, "Correct... David fixed it after John C asked him to"... though David merely says his attention was drawn to it. <shrug>

Anyway not an issue worth getting those knickers twisted up over...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that the squabble has abated, what time and where is Daves' free pizza party?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 05, 2009 Aug 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This question has both been answered and the user directed to the correct place. Since this thread is now apparently just collecting nonsense I am locking it.

Jochem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines