• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can i install Adobe Creative Suite on my 3 computers?

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to buy the Adobe Creative Suite 5 Production Premium Student and Teacher Edition. I'm a student of course.

The thing is, i own 3 computers and at heavy situations i tend to use all 3 of them at the same time in order to get my project done.

My question is, will i be able to install the Suite on all of my computers or just two (and have only one running at a time) ?

Thank u in advance!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the license allows 2 installs, one primary and one "portable" but not to be used at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as i suspected it.

Can i buy some volume license or is it not worth it?

Thnx for the help Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2011 Feb 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one caveat... actually you CAN install it on 3, just not activate them all. (and you're still only legally allowed to run one at a time), but you can switch activations (i believe it's help> activate; help> deactivate) if you need to switch machines...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the number... but read a message somewhere stating that there is a LIMIT to the number of DE/RE-activations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good point john...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

The syntax might have changed, or might be different for different Adobe apps, but it was Help>Transfer Activation, and in the resulting dialog window, one could Deactivate, etc.

Like John, I believe that there is a set number of allowed activations, just as there are a set number of installations. For Activations, 8 sticks in my mind, but I could well be confusing Activations with installs, or something totally different. For either, Adobe can do a reset, but if one is calling every month, they might not take kindly to it.

A volume license would be the first thing that I would explore.

Good luck to the OP,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for all the help.

I guess i will have to look into the volume licensing but apparently i have to contact them for the prices- just to see if i can actually afford it.

Thanks again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Going back quite a bit, I contacted C/S to inquire about volume licensing. My operation was just too small to make use of what they offered then, but things might have changed over the years. I'd love to hear that they now start with a 3-pack, move to a 5-pack, then 10, and then 50, or something like that. Markets change - economies change - times change.

Good luck, and let us know what you end up with.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines