• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I sell licensed full version Master Collection CS5 without license transfer?

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchase a full version of Adobe Master Collection CS5 on eBay and registered it with Adobe. I am now using the Creative Cloud and do not need it anymore but apparently Adobe has a rule that if you purchased it from eBay and/or it was discounted by a high margin that you can not transfer the registration. Does this prevent me from selling it to a someone who does not mind that they can not register it?

I guess I am also asking - can someone use a licensed version of the Master Collection - install it on their computer and have full functionality - but not register it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>install it on their computer and have full functionality - but not register it

For 30 days in trial mode... and then it will stop working... the programs MUST be registered and activated to continue after 30 days

License Transfer http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/152/tn_15281.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I was willing to give them my Adobe ID where the products were registered then I can sell them?  That way there is no transfer of license, it remains licensed to the same Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Your AdobeID is yours alone - letting anyone else use it would breach your license.

There is no special limitation on transfer of software that was legally purchased from a reseller, even if it was discounted - with the exception of educational and volume licenses. You're only allowed to transfer four licenses in your lifetime (that's to stop people setting themselves up as a bulk reseller) but the same license can be transferred more than once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>give them my Adobe ID

Oh wow!!! Talk about making identity theft easy... you would give your ID away!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines